Journals, periodicals and newsletters which focus on particular government topics can be key to the interested citizen and savvy job seeker.
The following is a list of periodicals and newsletters which provide up to the minute information on related topics and job opportunities.
Not included in this list are the thousands of documents printed by government agencies. For those, be sure to visit the U.S. Government Printing Office. If your favorite publication or book is not included here, please contact us with the information and we will gladly add it to our list.
Periodicals and Newsletters
- Alabama Municipal Journal
- American City & County
A library of Career Stories
View the site
- Building Official and Code Administrator
4051 W. Flossmoor Rd., Country Club Hills, IL 60478-5795
Description: Bi-monthly trade magazine devoted to trends and developments relating to building and code administration.
- City and TownP.O. Box 38, North Little Rock, AR. 72115
TEL 501-374-0541 Description: Monthly publication by the Arkansas Municipal League. Contains articles, information, laws and other data about cities and towns in the region.
- City Hall DigestBox 910, Franklin, NC. 28734-0910
Description: Monthly newsletter describing innovations and new management techniques in American city governments, including community development, public safety, environment, finances, transportation, human resources, and public relations.
- Colorado Municipalities1660 Lincoln St., Ste. 2100, Denver, CO. 80264
TEL 303-831-6411 Description: Presents articles on current interests and concerns of municipal officials in the region.
- I.C.M.A. Newsletter777 N. Capitol St.,N.E., Ste. 500, Washington D.C. 20002-4201
Description: Bi-weekly newsletter published by the International City-County Management Association. Covers the association's activities and government position vacancies and appointments.
- Illinois Municipal ReviewP.O. Box 3387, Springfield, IL. 62708
Description: Monthly magazine published by the Illinois Municipal League. Covers topics of interest to governments in the region.
- Iowa County701 E. Court Ave., Des Moines, IA. 50309
Description: Monthly magazine which promotes efficient and economically sound county government for the citizens of Iowa.
- Iowa Municipalities317 6th Ave., Bldg. 1400, Des Moines, IA. 50309-4122
Description: Bi-monthly magazine published by the League of Iowa Municipalities
- J.O.B.777 N. Capitol St.,N.E., Ste. 500, Washington D.C. 20002-4201
Description: Newsletter published by the International City-County Management Association. Helps minorities and women enter and advance within the local government professional track.
- Kansas Government Journal112 S.W. Seventh St., Topeka, KS. 66603
Description: Monthly magazine published by the League of Kansas Municipalities.
- Kentucky City2201 Regency Rd., Ste. 100, Lexington, KY. 40503
Description: Monthly magazine published by the Kentucky League of Cities.
- Louisiana Municipal ReviewP.O. Box 4327, Baton Rouge, LA. 70821
Description: Monthly magazine published by the Louisiana Municipal Association.
- M.I.S. Reports777 N. Capitol St.,N.E., Ste. 500, Washington D.C. 20002-4201
Description: Bulletin published by the International City-County Management Association. Covers development, implementation, delivery and evaluation of local government programs and services.
- City and Town
- MAPP Assessment
Description: Thousands of people take the MAPP daily. Start now and take the MAPP Assessment. You will receive a sample of your MAPP Appraisal. Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life.
- Maine Townsman
Local Government Center, 37 Community Dr., Augusta, ME. 04330
TEL 207-774-9813 or 800-287-7323
Description: Monthly magazine published by the Maine Municipal Association.
- Minnesota Cities3490 Lexington Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55126-8044
Description: Monthly magazine published by the League of Minnesota Cities. Covers taxes, finances from the legislators' viewpoint, legislative programs, labor relations and court decisions.
- Mississippi Municipalities600 E. Amite St., Jackson, MS. 39202
- Minnesota Cities
Description: Monthly magazine devoted to municipal government, its problems, solutions, trends, legal information, news of city and town governments state wide.
Description: Monthly trade magazine which covers the issues, concepts and trends of local governments and special districts. Emphasis on public works, including the activities of engineers and administrators.