ELECTRIC DISTRIBUTION MECHANIC
$96,611 - $111,540
An Electric Distribution Mechanic performs skilled mechanical and electrical work in connection with the construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground electric transmission, subtransmission, distribution, communication, and utilitarian street light lines, cables, and equipment; and may work as lead over a group of skilled craft workers
1. Certified completion of the Department of Water and Power Electric Distribution Mechanic training program; or
2. Certified completion of a recognized power line mechanic apprenticeship program, including one year of work on energized high-voltage lines; or
3. Two years of journey-level experience as a line mechanic working on energized high-voltage lines.
1. Candidates filing under Requirement Number 1 may file within 6 months of completion of the Department of Water and Power Electric Distribution Mechanic training program. However, they cannot be appointed until they have successfully completed the Department of Water and Power Electric Distribution Mechanic training program.
2. Candidates filing under Requirements Number 2 or 3 are required to submit with their application a completed Supplemental Information Form that describes their experience and training in more detail.
3. Candidates filing under Requirement Number 2 must submit an apprenticeship certificate.
4. Candidates filing under Requirement Number 3 must submit a verification of work experience on company letterhead.
WHERE TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ON THE CITY APPLICATION FORM. You may apply on-line at https://personline.lacity.org/job_app/ , or you may download a paper application at http://www.lacity.org/per/appform.htm and send it by mail to the Personnel Department Building only. Please do not mail applications to the "drop box" locations listed below.