|Organization: City of Los Angeles|
|CITY OF LOS ANGELES
A Great Place for a Career
|CLASS CODE: 3742
OPEN DATE: Continuous
A 5.5% bonus is paid for possessing an FAA Inspection Authorization. Some positions require night work, for which a higher salary is paid.
||A Helicopter Mechanic inspects, repairs, overhauls, services, cleans and returns all City-owned helicopters to service, including those of the Fire and Police Departments.
NOTE: Helicopter Mechanics must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Three years of full-time paid experience, two years of which must have been within the past three years, as a licensed Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic engaged in performing work on turbine powered helicopters such as the Bell 407, Bell 206 series, Bell 412, American Eurocopter AS 350 B2, or similar models. Qualifying experience must include the following:
- all manufacturers' scheduled inspections; and
- electrical and mechanical, repair, and troubleshooting activities;and
- sheet metal repairs on air frames; and
- major component overhaul.
- In addition to the regular City application, all candidates are required to complete the Helicopter Mechanic Supplemental Information Form (click here to download).
Candidates who lack six months or less of the required experienc
Aviation & Harbor|
700 EAST TEMPLE STREET - ROOM 100|
City: Los Angeles
Country: UNITED STATES
| Trade and Technical|
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM