|ADVANCE PRACTICE PROVIDER CORRECTIONAL CARE|
|Organization: City of Los Angeles|
|CITY OF LOS ANGELES
A Great Place for a Career
|CLASS CODE: 2325
OPEN DATE: Open / Continuous
||ADVANCE PRACTICE PROVIDER CORRECTIONAL CARE
||$71,681 - $95,776
$71,681 to $89,032 and $77,109 to $95,776.
A 5.5% bonus may be paid upon proof of certification by a recognized national professional organization in a nurse practitioner specialty that is relevant and applicable to the duties performed. Some positions require night work, for which a 5.5% bonus is paid.
An Advance Practice Provider Correctional Care is responsible for obtaining medical histories, performing physical examinations, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, assessing medical conditions, providing medical care and treatment, and performing related duties as required under standardized procedures and/or protocols established by the department in one of the City's correctional care facilities.
- Must be licensed as a:
- Registered Nurse and certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the California Board of Registered Nursing with documentation of education and training as a Nurse Practitioner in family practice, adult, or emergency medicine, and possess a current license and Furnishing Number which provides the ability to provide drug/medication orders in the State of California; or
- Physician Assistant with documentation of education and training as a Physician Assistant in family practice, adult, or emergency medicine, and possess a current license and Furnishing Number which provides the ability to provide drug/medication orders in the State of California; and
- Must have a current, valid American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card.
- In addition to the regular City Application form, all candidates are required to submit the Training and Experience Questionnaire at the time of filing. Candidates who fail to submit both the application form and the Training and Experience Questionnaire together will not be considered candidates in this examination and their application will not be processed.
- Candidates must list their furnishing number on the Training and Experience Questionnaire.
- At the time of appointment, candidates must submit verification of their current, valid Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
|WHERE TO APPLY
||Applications and Training and Experience Questionnaires WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE at https://personline.lacity.org/job_app/
- You will need to have Internet Explorer version 5.5 or above and Acrobat Reader 6.0 or better.
- All applications and Training and Experience Questionnaire must be completed and submitted together for you to be considered a candidate in this examination.
This examination may close without prior notice at any time after a sufficient number of applications have been received. For administrative purposes, filing may close periodically and reopen the following workday.
The instructions to candidates regarding completing the Training and Experience Questionnaire on-line are at the following location: http://per.lacity.org/exams/SuppInst.pdf
We recommend that you preview the Questionnaire at http://per.lacity.org/exams/2325Sup.pdf prior to completing your on-line application to ensure you provide yourself with sufficient time to complete both the on-line application and Training and Experience Questionnaire.
Once you submit your on-line application and it appears it meets the bulletin requirements, you will be immediately directed to the on-line Training and Experience Questionnaire for Advance Practice Provider Correctional Care. At that time, you must follow the prompts and save the Questionnaire to a hard drive or floppy diskette. You must complete the Questionnaire during that initial session and submit it with the application form. Candidates cannot be considered in the examination unless both the City application form and the Training and Experience Questionnaire are complete and submitted together.
You will find a link in the on-line version of the bulletin, and also in the Training and Experience Questionnaire. If you have any technical problems during the on-line filing, this link will take you to a web page that will allow you to send us your problem. Personnel Department staff will respond to your communication by email.
Evaluation of Training and Experience Questionnaire . . . . . . . . 100%
The examination will consist of an evaluation of training and experience, wherein candidates will be evaluated on their knowledge, experience, professional background and personal qualifications and abilities. Emphasis will be placed on their knowledge of: professional medical theories and practices; techniques for taking medical histories and conducting physical examinations; safety principles and practices; medical management for routine medical conditions; and the ability to: act independently and in accordance with established protocols and/or procedures; evaluate technical medical data and make diagnoses; conduct comprehensive and focused physical examinations; and other necessary knowledge and abilities.
Training and Experience Questionnaires and City employment applications of all candidates will be submitted to an expert review panel for evaluation. The expert review panel will assign a numeric score to each candidate based on an assessment of each candidate's qualifications, as described on the candidate's City application and Training and Experience Questionnaire.
- Applications are accepted subject to review to ensure that minimum qualifications are met. Candidates may be disqualified at any time if it is determined that they do not possess the minimum qualifications stated on this bulletin.
- A final average score of 70% is required to be placed on the eligible list.
- You must have received a regular appointment to a City position or be on a reserve list to file on a promotional basis.
- As a covered entity under the Fair Employment and Housing Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities.
- Based on City policy, before being hired in one of these positions, you may be required to undergo a drug and alcohol screening test.
- Individuals in this class may be assigned to rotating 12 and 8 hour shifts and may work in any of the three jail clinics
- Candidates may take this examination only once every 180 days during the administration of this examination. Names may be removed from the open competitive eligible list after six mo
700 EAST TEMPLE STREET - ROOM 100|
City: Los Angeles
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$71,681.00 to $95,776.00 Annually
|Apply By Date:|