|Organization: City of Charleston|
Position Type: Regular, Full-time, Rotating shifts
Authorized Hiring Range: Depending on qualifications
HS + 6 years law enforcement/ military experience- $34,422.17 / Year
AA/AS + 4 yrs law enforcement/ military experience-$36,798.05 / Year
BA/BS-$39,337.88 / Year
MA/MS-$42,053.00 / Year
JD-$44,934.83 / Year
Application Deadline: Continuous
Click Here to download an application
- Enforces the laws and ordinances of the city and all other pertinent laws.
- Patrols assigned areas during a specific period on foot or in motorized police equipment.
- Checks doors and window and examines premises or unoccupied buildings or residences in order to detect any suspicious conditions.
- Investigates suspicious conditions and complaints and make arrest or persons who violate laws and ordinances.
- Accompanies prisoners to headquarters, jail or court and appears in court as arresting officer.
- Direct traffic and either arrests or gives violation tickets to those who break traffic laws.
- Checks automobiles parking in restricted areas as directed, give all possible assistance and prepare necessary reports.
- Maintains order in crowds and attends parades, funeral or other public gatherings.
- Observes for stolen cars and wanted or missing persons.
- Makes investigation and enforces city and state laws pertaining to juvenile offenders.
- Serves warrants, gives advice on laws, ordinances and general information to the public. Acts for police Master Police Officer or Sergeant in his absence as directed. Maintains records, prepares reports and performs related clerical duties.
- Perform related duties as required.
Requires: Must possess one of the following:
1) A Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
2) An Associate’s Degree with at least four (4) years combined law enforcement and/or military experience
3) A High School Diploma with at least six (6) years combined law enforcement and/or military experience.
Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel or similar software. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license. Must successfully complete SCCJA. For more information on what it takes to be a successful CPD candidate please visit www.charleston-pd.org
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To learn more about the Charleston Police Department, or download an application, visit them on the internet at: www.Charleston-pd.org. For additional assistance feel free to contact the Personnel Department at (843) 720-2489.
You must submit a Police Dept. application to be considered for any Police Dept. position.
Please visit our employment page to download a Police Department application www.charleston-sc.gov/employment
Applications can be submitted in person, by mail, fax, or by e-mail.
Fax to: 843-577-2806 E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
174 East Bay Street, Suite 302|
State: South Carolina
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM