|Veteran Peer to Peer Support Specialist (HD.15066)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: HD.15066
Hours: Full-Time 37.5 Hours/Week, Monday-Friday Day Hours
Location: Lake Villa NW Satellite, 121 E. Grand Ave., Lake Villa, IL 60046
Provides support services for Veterans, Guardsmen, Reservists, Service Members and/or their families based on personal experiences.
Responsible for engaging and motivating identified population to seek needed services. Explains, guides, supports and assists clients with goals of improved stability and self-sufficiency and development of supportive relationships. Performs outreach efforts as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate, Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) preferred.
- Veteran status, Guardsman or Reservist required, history of active engagement a plus.
- Requires direct and personal experience with the mental health/substance abuse system of care as a primary consumer of services.
- If a recovering person, must have two years of demonstrated sobriety.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Drivers License and Insurance
Job Location: Lake Villa, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: $11.59 - 11.59 USD
Applications will be accepted
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Human and Social Services
City: Lake Villa|
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 11.59 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM