|Deputy III - Detentions (CJC)|
|Organization: El Paso County|
||Deputy III - Detentions (CJC)
||$3,472.00 - $5,205.00 Monthly
||El Paso County, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Performs first-line supervision over assigned inmates.
- Maintains care, custody, control and strict accountability of assigned inmates.
- Conducts timely security and welfare checks of assigned inmates and areas of responsibility.
- Prepares detailed incident reports, ward logs, property supplements, inter-office memorandums and other forms.
- Responds to inmate questions and provides information on topics concerning the judicial process, facility rules and procedures and referrals to social agencies, if appropriate.
- Inspects physical area within his or her responsibility and reports safety, security, sanitation, fire or maintenance deficiencies.
- Communicates with the central control room and other offices via two-way radio, intercom and telephone.
- Conducts inventories of assigned equipment and supplies and inspects for signs of tampering.
- Supervises the cleaning of assigned areas.
- Performs searches of inmates' person, possessions, and quarters.
- Pursues fleeing suspects or prisoners on foot or vehicle; climbs, crawls, jumps and runs to pursue suspects and protect life; pushes, pulls, lifts or carries persons or suspects/prisoners who may be incapacitated; effects forceful arrest.
- Monitors inmates' visits with attorneys, bondsmen and other persons.
- Escorts inmates throughout facility.
- Collects and distributes all correspondence from and to assigned inmates.
- Supervises the issuance of inmate meals and eating utensils.
- Accounts for utensils.
- Supervises the issuance and exchange of inmate linen and laundry.
- Graduation from the EPSO Basic Law Enforcement POST Academy is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be honest, truthful, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity.
- Ability to use office equipment, including computer, typewriter, telephone, calculator, fax machine and copier.
- Knowledge of federal and, state laws concerning inmate rights and local regulations, ordinances and laws concerning areas of responsibility.
- Ability to apply common sense when appropriate.
- Good observation skills and ability to work with criminal element who are dangerous, threatening, demanding and manipulative.
- Ability to prioritize duties under stressful conditions.
- Ability to effect a forceful arrest and control the person taken into custody; ability to load and unload both handguns and shotguns in a safe manner; ability to meet the physical demands of the position by maintaining physical condition and fitness; ability to exert 175 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force frequently to carry, push, pull or move objects; ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, feel, finger, talk, smell, hear and see (20/20 correctable, depth perception, near and far acuity).
- Must pass polygraph examination and conditional post-offer physical examination.
- Must be 21 years of age and U.S. citizen.
- Any equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Work performed in a secure, stressful environment with minimal exposure to window.
- Some degree of hazard to personal safety with exposure to violent inmates and contagious diseases.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
APPLICATION Click and download the application (PDF file)
To apply, mail or drop off a signed original application to:
El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, Personnel Unit
210 S. Tejon Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
El Paso County EBMS – Employment
2880 International Circle, Suite N060, Colorado Springs, CO 80910
Emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted!
Do not click on Apply and try to submit an on-line application
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
2880 International Circle
Colorado Springs, CO 80910
2880 International Circle,|
City: Colorado Springs
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 3472.00 to $ 5205.00 Monthly
|Apply By Date:|