|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
The City of Franklin Police Department has an opening for a Communications Officer. Under general supervision, this position answers incoming calls to the City of Franklin Police & Fire Departments; dispatches police officers & firefighters by radio & EMS by telephone; provides safety for police officers answering calls & processes information from incoming calls. Reports to the Senior Communications Officer. MAY be REQUIRED TO work second or third shift & weekends. Must complete online application at www.franklintn.gov/jobs.
- Answers E911 calls & calls from general public & performs Public Safety Answering (PSAP) duties;
- answers & directs all telephone calls to appropriate individuals, Police Divisions & City departments;
- checks to ensure police officer & fire personnel safety by providing communication lines;
- provides assistance to citizens as requested (directions, weather information, emergency, crisis, general information, etc.); monitors weather station & sends out City-wide alerts in the event of severe inclement weather;
- enters in the BOLO book information received from other agencies regarding people, vehicles, dangerous situations, & other information that officers may need for their safety; enters detailed information into log book from citizens or officers; routes appropriately;
- completes detailed entries for all calls dispatched utilizing CAD system;
- makes computer entries (warrants, stolen weapons & vehicles, wanted or missing persons, etc.)into NCIC files & TCIC files;
- broadcasts information on the radio & computer for warrants on people, missing persons, stolen cars, etc.;
- logs all criminal histories into log book whenever a criminal history is run;
- carries out all orders from field supervisors & officers;
- reports all serious incidents to officer in charge; makes call outs & notifications to all specified personnel during critical incidents as listed on call-out sheets;
- monitors TV security cameras for all personnel entering & exiting through security doors in the department, as well as secured areas;
- uses TDD unit for the deaf;
- updates incoming dispatcher of any incident that could affect their shift;
- may assist in performing duties of Terminal Agency Coordinator to include validating NCIC records once a month;
- reports all vehicle fatalities to the State;
- assigns OCA and/or Incident numbers as needed;
- notes changes for updated Alias Dial List;
- follows all departmental, TCIC, NCIC & CJIS policies;
- notifies the City's Risk Manager of any relevant serious incidents, all Police Department accidents or injuries & damage to any City equipment.
High school diploma (or GED equivalent) required; must be at least 21 years of age; must be certified by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations (TBI) within six months of employment; 1-2 years of dispatching and/or clerical experience (or related) preferred; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Must meet all State standards for public safety communications officers, including US citizenship, passing a medical examination, including drug and alcohol screen, have a record free from felony convictions and/or misdemeanors involving force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling or controlled substances.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South, PO Box 305
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 15.08 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
|Open until filled|