|Part-Time Staff Attorney - 19th Judicial Circuit Courts (CM.11533.2152)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: CM.11533.2152
Under limited supervision of the Executive Director and Circuit and Associate Judges, performs highly responsible work of legal research and professional legal work to include legal writing as assigned. The work is performed with some latitude and independence depending on increasing legal skills, knowledge, and abilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices of civil and criminal law.
- Good knowledge of the procedure and the rules of evidence.
- Good knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, practices, and references utilized in legal research.
- Good knowledge of Courts and Courts Administration.
- Ability to analyze, appraise, and organize facts, and ascertain the determining aspect of cases, and to present such materials in a clear and logical form.
- Ability to use various automated legal research tools available.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Judges, staff, and other Court Officers/Officials.
- Ability to work independently and schedule own work.
- Considerable skill in written and oral communications including the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Considerable skill in Microsoft Office.
- Possess good judgment.
A Bachelor's Degree from a recognized four-year college or university and completion of a Juris Doctorate Degree program from an American Bar Association approved law school is required. One to two years of related experience is preferred. Must be a member of the Illinois Bar and be licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois. The position requires a strong interest in and ability to perform a significant amount of legal research and writing.
Must pass an extensive criminal history and employment background check and have a valid driver's license.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a pre-employment medical exam, which includes a drug screen.
Job Location: Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Part-Time
Salary: 26.50 - 32.48 USD
Applications will be accepted
until January 17, 2013.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application.
18 North County Street|
Human Resources - 7th Floor
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$ 26.50 to $ 32.48 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
|January 17, 2013|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM