|Temporary Project Assistant - Finance & Administration (215164-924)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: 215164-924
- Maintain individual project schedules and status reports.
- Maintain and organization of all project files, blueprints, specifications, archives and other ancillary documents.
- Maintain various project records including entering requisitions, tracking purchase orders, logging invoices, and vendor contracts, etc.
- Organize, attend and document discussions during meetings with user groups, design team, vendors, and contractors
- Prepare preliminary space plans, seating charts and other miscellaneous basic technical drawings.
- Review, manage and coordinate drawings and specifications prepared by design professional vendors. Review contractor proposals and change orders.
- Visit job sites to; familiarize contractors with existing conditions, take field notes and measurements, and inspect overall work quality.
- Research and analyze various building, zoning, and development codes, recorded documents, agreements and grants.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a relevant understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities.
- Professionalism and solid written and verbal communication skills are requisites.
- Computer skills should include demonstrated knowledge of the following programs: Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Revit, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, charts and technical manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Requires work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis or sustained keyboard operations. Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time if necessary. Requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, and speaking abilities.
The position may be exposed to bright/dim light; dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold; wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, vibrations/fumes and/or noxious odors, moving machinery, and heights.
Requires high school diploma, or GED equivalent and at least one year of office experience. Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering or construction management or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred. Possession of a valid Driver’s License, supplemented by a good driving record.
ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS CONDITIONED ON THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT MEDICAL EXAM, WHICH INCLUDES A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN.
Job Location: Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Temporary
Salary: $13.94 - 19.41 USD
Applications will be accepted
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application.
Public Works & Engineering|
18 North County Street|
Human Resources - 7th Floor
Country: UNITED STATES
| Trade and Technical|
$ 13.94 to $ 19.41 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|