|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
This is professional, skilled in manual work, growing and maintaining lawns, flowers, shrubs, trails and trees on all park property. Work involves planning and executing the beautification plans for the parks and includes landscaping projects performed within the framework of good horticultural practices and project or master landscaping plans. Employee works under the direction of Landscaping Crew Chief or Department Head designee.
- Performs a variety of seasonal duties, which may include mowing grass areas with commercial mowers; edging and trimming roadway medians, shoulders and along City sidewalks; spreading grass seed, fertilizers, and straw; spraying chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides; laying sod, spreading mulch, building flower beds, pruning trees and shrubbery; cutting and removing dead or damaged trees and shrubbery; planting and maintaining flower beds and landscaped areas.
- Assists in creating bedding and landscape plans; selects and purchases plants, bulbs and seeds; sows, transplants, waters, and fertilizes plants; maintains greenhouse, as needed; oversees and assists in pruning and trimming shrubs, trees and other plants; arranges and supervises contract tree work, including spraying trees with pesticides; maintains maintenance records on all work as required by supervisor.
- Performs a wide range of gardening work, such as fertilizing different varieties of plants using foliage or root feeding and soil additive techniques; transplanting trees or plants; mows and trims lawns and lays mulch, as required.
- Assists in performing safety checklists on all playground equipment and flooring within the entire park system; performs general maintenance to keep machinery, equipment and tools in operable condition; monitors equipment operations; transports, loads and unloads various equipment and materials.
- Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, City officials, the public and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities.
High school diploma (or GED equivalent) required; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience and/or training involving grounds keeping, lawn maintenance and general construction work (or related); or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Must possess a valid state driver’s license. Require or must be willing to obtain a Tennessee Pesticide Applicators' Certification within 6-months.
Submit online application at www.franklintn.gov/jobs.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Parks and Recreation|
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 13.77 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|