|Records Systems Analyst|
|Organization: City of Mercer Island|
This position’s primary function is to implement and maintain the City’s records management policy and program and assist in further implementation of the City’s electronic document management system. This position requires strong technical inclination for electronic document management systems, as well as a strong working knowledge of Washington State records retention schedules, public records act, and associated RCW’s. The successful candidate will also possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to assist individual employees and work groups through change.
**Full-time Benefited Contract position through December 31, 2014.
Essential Job Functions
- Review and update the City-wide records inventory by conducting records appraisal surveys in all City departments. Identify and develop records series which reflect the responsibilities of the agency. This work will include analysis of existing departmental document and records creation, storage, retrieval, and destruction methods.
- Develop and implement records retention schedules for City departments for paper and electronic based records, conduct research to ensure retention periods meet federal, state and local requirements, and ensure that each department complies with the City records management policy.
- Develop procedures to ensure City departments retention schedules are updated regularly and develop and implement a timeline to ensure updates are completed on a regular schedule.
- Assist in planning and conducting training regarding records management policies and procedures, identify and develop materials to be used by those conducting training and the materials for participants.
- Identify records series that are candidates for conversion and/or transfer into the City electronic document management system, determine whether the document workflow can be automated, and develop action plans for conversion.
- Convene the City Records Committee (which consists of records management liaisons from each City department) on a regular basis to report project status and progress.
- Develop general and specific indexes for document types.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in the performance of job duties.
- Ability to drive a City vehicle, possess a current and valid Washington Sate driver's license and good driving record.
- Must have regular and predictable work attendance to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required. A degree related to records management, business, technology, or local government is preferred.
- Experience in records management and previous experience working in the public sector is highly desirable.
- Consistently demonstrate tact, courtesy, reliability, and maturity while carrying out assigned duties.
- Handle multiple requests for assistance in an organized manner with little or no direct supervision.
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess an excellent customer service attitude and work ethic.
- Proficient technology skills and familiarity with electronic document management systems. Proficient in the operation of computers, software, and standard office equipment.
- Availability to occasionally work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- Understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Work in a team environment.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to drive a City vehicle, possess a current and valid Washington Sate driver's license and good driving record. Evidence of a good driving record is a condition of employment and a complete driving abstract will be required.
- Completion of a Nationwide and Washington State criminal history background check is required in order to determine any past conviction history of crimes against persons, sexual assault or exploitation, and sexual or physical abuse and must be able to pass a thorough background check as required by the Child/Adult Abuse Information Act.
- Completion of an I-9 Form, documenting eligibility to work in the United States.
Working Condition and Physical Abilities
Work is primarily performed in office settings. Stooping, bending, and crouching on a regular basis is required. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Must be able to perform essential functions of the job. Hand-eye coordination and fine-manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and other office machinery.
Location City Hall 9611 SE 36th Street Mercer Island, WA 98040
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Clerical & Administrative Support|
Information, Technology & Communication Services
Administrative Analysis & Research
9611 SE 36th Street|
City: Mercer Island
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
|Apply By Date:|
|Open Until Filled|