|SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN|
|Organization: City of Dearborn|
SALARY: Minimum: $48,412 per year/ Maximum: $58,098 per year
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK: (See reverse side for more information)
An employee in this classification performs engineering technical, design and field inspection work
under the supervision of registered civil engineers. The work involves the application of engineering
principles, methods and techniques in the preparation of civil engineering project reports and documents in
an office, as well as inspection of construction projects for the City of Dearborn sewer and water main
construction and road and parking lot paving projects for compliance with plans and specifications in the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (See reverse side for more information)
• Performs technical and engineering design work, including calculations, to prepare engineering reports,
drawings and specifications for the design and execution of civil engineering projects.
• Prepares and maintains on-going construction project records and post-construction record drawings
and keeps records of quantities of materials received and/or used for the timely preparation of contractor
• Generates and summarizes field data used as a basis for initiating civil engineering projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Considerable knowledge of modern methods and techniques used in the construction and inspection of
municipal infrastructure projects.
• Considerable knowledge of general construction methods and practices.
• Working knowledge of basic engineering principles and their applications to civil engineering projects.
• Some knowledge of CADD.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Completion of two years of a bachelor degree program in civil engineering or possession of an Associate
Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or related engineering field. Two years of inspection experience in
a civil engineering field related to sewer and water main construction and road paving projects.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Must obtain State of Michigan certifications in Aggregate Technician I and Concrete Technician I within
one year of employment.
TWO PROFESSIONAL LETTERS OF REFERENCE AND TRANSCRIPTS OF DEGREE REQUIRED AT
TIME OF APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
POST-EMPLOYMENT OFFER REQUIREMENTS:
• Satisfactory completion of medical examination prior to start date.
• All appointees are subject to a one-year probationary period.
LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Applications are available in the City of Dearborn Human Resources Department,
4500 Maple, Dearborn, Michigan 48126
Open Monday- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Phone (313) 943-2053 Job Line (313) 943-2052 TTY (313) 943-2127
Equal Opportunity Employer
Public Works & Engineering|
Water / Wastewater Treatment
Parks and Recreation
City of Dearborn|
Country: UNITED STATES
| Full Time & Part Time|
| Mid to Senior Level|
$48,412.00 to $58,098.00 Annually
|Apply By Date:|
|Open Until Filled|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM