|Organization: City of Los Angeles|
A Hydrographer gathers, records, and compiles hydrographic and meteorological data pertinent to municipal water supply and rights.
Hydrographers may be required to climb ladders and work up to 90 feet above ground on the outside of water tanks and towers, and up to 90 feet underground in confined spaces such as seepage and reservoir vaults, and lift objects weighing up to 90 pounds. They may also be required to carry backpacks at high altitudes, in adverse weather conditions and in isolated areas, and use skis, snowshoes, snowmobiles, and all terrain vehicles (ATVs).
The salary for this position consists of three pay grades: $66,481 to $82,601; $69,906 to $86,860; and $73,414 tp $91,224.
REQUIREMENT(S) & NOTES:
1. Two years of full-time paid experience in hydrography or field surveying, or in one or more of the following fields: utility electronics technician, computer electronics technician, computer control systems technician, communications systems technician, or communications instrumentation technician.
2. One year of education from a recognized college or university of which 12 semester or 18 quarter units must be in engineering or physical sciences or agricultural management may be substituted for each year of experience lacking.
Candidates qualifying under Requirement #2 must list their school name and location, course title with number of semester or quarter units, and completion date in the School/Training Section of the application. For substitution purposes, one year of college or university education will be substituted on the basis of 30 semester or 45-quarter units.
WHERE TO APPLY & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Applicants are urged to apply early to ensure you have time to resolve any
technical problems you may encounter.
The written test for Hydrographer will be held on the second Saturday of every other month beginning on SATURDAY, JANUARY 12, 2013, and continuing every other month until further notice.
Candidates whose City applications are received and approved by the Thursday two weeks prior to the scheduled written test date will be scheduled to take the test on the 2nd Saturday of the following month.
1. The written test will be administered in a single half-day session. Candidates will be notified later by mail of the time and location of the written test, which will be held in Los Angeles.
2. Candidates whose test date falls on a holiday will be notified by mail of the date, time, and location of the written test. Additional test days may be required if a large number of applications are received.
3. Filing may be closed without prior notice after a sufficient number of applications are received. For administrative purposes, filing will close periodically and reopen the following workday.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Public Works & Engineering|
Water / Wastewater Treatment
700 EAST TEMPLE STREET - ROOM 100|
City: Los Angeles
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$66,481.00 to $82,601.00 Annually
|Apply By Date:|