|Organization: City of Davenport|
Under administrative direction performs work of unusual difficulty directing and coordinating the city's fiscal activities and systems; and performs related work as required.
- Administers and manages the city's fiscal activities and city departments, including: budget planning, research and execution, treasury management, general accounting, appropriation accounting, electronic data processing services, revenue collection, insurance contracting, purchasing, materials and stores management, pension administration and related services.
- Formulates and interprets regulations and policies for implementation by staff, establishes major financial objectives and policies; studies market conditions, pertinent legislation, economic conditions and professional developments to establish, implement and control objectives, policies and procedures for administration of the city's fiscal activities and systems.
- Directs budget formulation, execution and research: estimates expenditures expected and analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred: develops, installs and maintains budgeting systems which provide control of expenditures made.
- Supervises and develops subordinate supervisors and staff, assigns staff and resources based on program needs. Makes speeches and gives presentations to inform citizen groups of department progress and programs, and to encourage input into future plans. Advises the Mayor, City Administrator, City Council and others on a variety of fiscally related matters.
Requires completion of college level course work for a Masters in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administation or related field and five years of progressively responsible professional experience in fiscal management; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS Comprehensive Knowledge of:
- public budgeting principles and practices, including the
- concepts of planning, programming and budgeting systems.
- laws and regulations governing municipal budgeting and accounting.
- methods and techniques of budget management analysis.
Considerable Knowledge of:
- the principles, methods and practices of municipal finance, public purchasing,
- risk management and public administration.
- municipal government organization, functions and problems.
Comprehensive skill in:
- preparation of annual budgets.
- development and maintenance of sound accounting systems and procedures.
Considerable skill in:
- the administration of information processing systems.
- scheduling and evaluating the work of subordinate staff.
- preparing and presenting management and technical reports and other
- presentations to city officials and the public.
- analyzing financial and economic trends.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
226 W 4th Street,
Davenport, IA 52801
Administration & Management|
226 West Fourth Street|
Country: UNITED STATES
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|
|March 15, 2013|