The City of Laramie is accepting applications from qualified individuals for an Information Technology Senior Specialist to assist with the City information needs and... Full Description
Posted February 14, 2013 8:00 AM | Closes February 25, 2013 5:00 PM
• Experience with various software packages including network operating systems (Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7), email, word processing, spreadsheets, data processing, financial, graphics, desktop publishing and management applications/programs.
• Knowledge of modern and complex principles and practices of computer and network systems management, analysis, design, installation, integration, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of antivirus, virus removal and protection, malware prevention, etc.
• Knowledge of hardware components of a computer system, including but not limited to, motherboards, memory, power supplies, etc.
• Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING GUIDELINES Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be: • A Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management Information Technology or a related field. • Three or more years of experience in the development and administration of computer systems, servers, and networks. Experience related to network and computer operating systems, and computer related software.
• Must be able to carry at least 50 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. • Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one. • Ability to pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug screening and driver’s license check.