|Building Maintenance Operations Supervisor|
|Organization: Arlington County (VA) Government|
|ARLINGTON COUNTY, VIRGINIA
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
|BUILDING MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
Department of Environmental Services
Salary Range: $56,451.20 - $93,371.20 Annually
|Announcement No: 2982-13C-DES-HH
||Closing Date: Continuous
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Reasonable Accommodation upon Request
Work Location: 1400 N. Uhle Street, Arlington *METRO-accessible*
This employee manages one of the two teams providing for the ongoing maintenance and repair of building systems for 75 County facilities. This responsibility entails supervising maintenance services provided by a lead HVAC mechanic, Licensed Stationary Watch Engineers, electrical services, and other trades performing maintenance and repair. The employee will also coordinate and direct the maintenance and repair of these facilities by some outside contractors. Knowledge of computerized Direct Digital Controls is essential in working with these building systems.
Major duties include:
- inspecting and evaluating maintenance work;
- coordinating the work of staff and contractors to respond to maintenance needs;
- hiring, training, and supervising staff;
- acting as a liaison with contractors and negotiating services;
- setting up and managing a computerized preventive maintenance program;
- estimating materials and costs for projects;
- inspecting HVAC and other building systems;
- preparing, reviewing, and prioritizing work orders;
- preparing payroll and other administrative records using Excel and Word;
- maintaining tools, equipment, and supplies inventory; and
- responding to emergency calls.
The employee must have a strong background in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines. The employee reports to the Facilities Maintenance Section Chief. The position is located in the Facilities Maintenance Section, Facilities Management Bureau of the Department of Environmental Services.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent, plus extensive experience in building trades work such as carpentry, painting, locks, HVAC systems including computerized direct digital control systems and plumbing and electrical systems. Including experience coordinating, managing and supervising employees.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may substitute for up to two years of the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
a) managing plant mechanical systems and buildings, preferably in large (over 300,000 sq. ft.) commercial or correctional facilities;
b) developing and implementing a preventive maintenance program;
c) repairing large commercial building systems such as HVAC (centrifugal chillers and high pressure steam and hydronic boilers and systems);
d) repairing plumbing, sprinkler, dry pipe and preaction system;
e) servicing water pressure booster systems, and sewer ejection and treatment;
f) using MicroSoft Suite or similar software;
g) maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical systems and controls (277and 480 volts);
h) interpreting blueprints and schematic drawings; and/or
i) managing the preventive and corrective maintenance and staff responding to multiple sites.
1) A pre-employment criminal records check will be conducted.
2) Applicant must possess 3rd class DC Steam Boiler Engineer's License or Maryland 1st class, or have the ability to obtain such Licensure. Any applicant hired without the above licensure will be hired at trainee level and must obtain such licensure within the trainee period.
3) Applicant must possess, or obtain by the time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence. The applicant must authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon a favorable review of the applicants driving record.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week - hours are flexible and may include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must be available for call back in emergencies, will be in an on-call rotation with other supervisors.
|All applicants must submit an online application (unless the job announcement states otherwise) for each position for which they wish to apply. The application must be submitted prior to 11:59 pm on the posted closing date.
To apply online go to www.arlingtonva.us/pers, click on CURRENT JOB OPENINGS, scroll down the alphabetical list of job titles and click on the one in which you have an interest. The link to the employment application (APPLY) is found on each job announcement. Once completed, your application information remains in the system for you to review, edit and submit for future Arlington job openings.
Applicants who have questions or need assistance with the application may telephone (703) 228-3500 (703) 228-3500 FREE or visit the Human Resources Department. Our staff will be happy to work with you to get your application into the system. Public access computers are available at all County Libraries, and in the Human Resources Department.
The examination for this position may include one or more of the following: (1) evaluation of training and experience; (2) written and oral examination; (3) performance test; (4) personal interview; and (5) physical examination.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation during the selection process. Please call 703-228-0591 703-228-0591 FREE (voice) or 703-228-4613 FREE (TTY).
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 511
Arlington, VA 22201
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Planning & Building Safety|
2100 Clarendon Boulevard - #511|
Country: UNITED STATES
$56,451.20 to $93,371.20 Annually
|Apply By Date:|