|Maintenance Worker-Public Services|
|Organization: City of Chesterfield|
||Chesterfield City Hall
||MAINTENANCE WORKER - PUBLIC SERVICES
- Performs work in street and sidewalk repair, installation of drainage pipes, clearing of ditches and equipment maintenance.
- Operates dump trucks, backhoe, skid steer loader, sweeper, front loader, and other equipment as assigned.
- Shovels, rakes and places asphalt mix.
- Aggregate base and gravel. Operates light to medium automotive equipment.
- Performs work associated with the construction and maintenance of concrete streets, sidewalks and storm sewers.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.Works as a lead worker or crew foreman as assigned.
- Responsible for the work of small crews involved in Public Works operations as assigned.
- Operates snowplow-equipped trucks to spread salt, and participates in other snow removal activities as assigned.
- Rakes and cleans streets, sidewalks, gutters, storm drains and shop and yard areas.
- Welds, paints and performs other maintenance tasks.Cares for plants.
- Removes, prunes and trims trees located within City rights of ways and on public grounds and spaces.
- Performs various landscaping, beautification, and plant care activities. Sets up, cleans up and prepares for various civic and recreational programs and activities.
- Assists in maintenance of tools, equipment and facilities.
- Knowledgeable in care and use of equipment. Performs street and sidewalk repair, installation of drainage pipe, clearing of ditches and equipment maintenance.
- Removes, prunes, and trims trees located within City rights-of-ways and on public grounds.
- Performs various landscaping and plant care activities as assigned.
- Performs facility and grounds maintenance of public parks, spaces and facilities.
- Assists other divisions during emergencies and is on-call to respond.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of methods, materials and tools used in general maintenance of streets. Knowledge of work hazards and safety precautions. Skill in operation of tools and equipment used in street maintenance and repair.
Minimum of one year experience in Public Works operations. Experience and demonstrated competency in at least one of the City's public works operational areas.High school diploma or equivalent required. Meet all DOT physical requirements. Valid Class B Commercial Driver's license within sixty (60) days of employment.
Starting pay is $16.66/hour.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Please complete the Job Application (link at the top right of this page) and send application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Works & Engineering|
Custodial & Janitorial
Parks and Recreation
16052 Swingley Ridge Road, Suite 100|
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 16.66 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
|Open Until Filled|