|IT Security Administrator|
|Organization: City of Glendale, AZ|
Manages staff and/or projects related to enterprise wide security stragety to manage and protect existing technology assets and data. Responsible for administrative functions, budget management, project management, enforcing security policies and business process management.
|EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:|
- Administers an enterprise wide security strategy to manage and protect existing technology assets and data.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal requirements regarding the management and protection of critical data.
- Develop standards and procedures for network vulnerability/threat analysis and risk assessments.
- Evaluate network threat analysis data and risk assessment results to identify and recommend appropriate security controls and solutions.
- Advise and make recommendations regarding the administration of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, antivirus and other security applications.
- Promotes open and timely communication within and among department colleagues.
- Review existing policy and procedural documents to verify compliance with industry best practices and regulatory requirements and internal standards. Develops policies and procesures as necessary.
- Issue recommendations and configuration changes based on analysis of netowrk security devices reports and data output.
- Maintain awareness of best practices and new technology related to security management.
- Work with consultants and vendors to review and recommend security strategies.
- Provides guidance, technical assistance and mentoring to staff and departments as necessary.
- Work with technical staff to suggest, modify or implement necessary changes to enhance security.
- Develops necessary documentation (procedures, instructions, and presentations) to support operations as necessary.
- Provides support during non-standard business hours as necessary or required.
- Identifies improvement opportunities. Examples include but not limited to tools, processes, procedures, installation, configuration and troubleshooting techniques.
- Provides advice regarding the implementation of approved security controls to City staff as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:|
|Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Project Management, Information Management Systems or Engineering, or related field and five years of work experience in computer or information technology security.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability, may qualify.
Special Requirements Valid Arizona driver’s license Industry standard certification in Security+ or CISSP is preferred
|Office setting. Ability to lift 50 pounds to waist height. The risks of exposure to electrical hazards can be substantially controlled by following safe handling practices when installing and upgrading equipment.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Information, Technology & Communication Services|
5850 West Glendale Avenue|
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$67,120.00 to $107,392.00 Annually
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM