|Medium Equipment Operator|
|Organization: City of Parkersburg|
GENERAL DUTIES: Performs work of an automotive equipment nature operating a solid waste collection vehicle with attached recyclable materials trailer or vehicle of similar complexity in a safe and effective manner as the primary duty. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates solid waste collection truck with recyclable trailer on assigned routes, in a safe and effective manner.
- Picks up, carries and empties trash cans; carries and tosses waste bags; picks up debris and litter.
- Operates mechanisms for loading and dumping refuse.
- Collects and empties recycle bins.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Maintains equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair work on equipment as an aid to operations.
- Must be able to begin work in early morning hours.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time.
- Performs general laborer duties as required.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIREMENTS: Considerable experience operating equipment of a lesser complexity. Possession of a high school diploma or GED equivalency supplemented by formal and/or informal training in the safe and effective maintenance and repair of equipment; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Must have of a valid Commercial Driver’s License.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Ability to write, speak, hear and read; walking; lifting, reaching, carrying; stooping, bending, squatting; climbing, balancing; handling; physical coordination; receiving instructions; performing a variety of duties; operating machinery; noise of vibration; safety hazards; fumes, dust, or odors; equipment with moving parts; working with the public; driving vehicles; extreme heat or cold; wet or humid.
Starting Pay Rate – $11.20/hour
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Applications are available here and in the Personnel Department, 5th Floor, Municipal Building, One Government Square.
Completed applications should be returned to:
Personnel Department City of Parkersburg PO Box 1627 Parkersburg, WV 26102
or to the Personnel Department on the 5th Floor of the City Building.
Custodial & Janitorial|
Parks and Recreation
200 Avery St|
State: West Virginia
Country: UNITED STATES
|Download Job Application|
$ 11.20 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM