|Seasonal Geographic information System (GIS) Internship- DOT (DOT.13972.9504)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: DOT.13972.9504
This is beginning technical GIS work performed in a training capacity. Work involves such tasks as inventory gathering along county bikeways and highways, maintaining spatial data, and map creation. Supervision and training is received from a higher level GIS Analyst. Work is performed according to explicit instructions or established procedures and methods.
- Knowledge of geography as applied to concepts and principles of GIS, map projections and datums, coordinate systems and cartographic designs.
- Training and/or skill in using desktop software such as databases, electronic spreadsheets, or other graphics software;
- Basic understanding of GIS programming and customization techniques
- Ability to make and maintain records of technical computations
- Ability and willingness to learn technical GIS tasks and procedures
- Ability to use GIS equipment, instruments and devices
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships
Completed college level course work in GIS; Possession of a valid Illinois Drivers License. Good physical condition sufficient to allow field work in all weather conditions and working on bikeways and highways.
ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS CONDITIONED ON THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A BACKGROUND CHECK AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT MEDICAL EXAM, WHICH INCLUDES A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN.
Job Location: Libertyville, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Temporary
Salary: 12.20 - 12.50 USD
Applications will be accepted
March 13, 2013
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application.
Information, Technology & Communication Services|
Country: UNITED STATES
| Trade and Technical|
$ 12.20 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
|March 13, 2013|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM