• 18 years of age or older
• High School Diploma or GED
• DD214 for former Military with an Honorable Discharge
• Two years typing/data entry or customer service experience preferred.
• Ability to exert forces equivalent to lifting and pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work shift work, which includes days, evenings, midnights, weekends, & holidays
• Ability to work mandatory overtime on short notice
• Ability to work in close quarters and to wear a telephone headset.
• Ability to learn and communicate medical emergency pre-arrival instructions (EMD).
• Ability to deal tactfully with the public and others.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with other city employees
• Bilingual desired
Applicant must successfully complete the following:
• Personal Information Booklet (Emailed)
• Typing Test (50wpm)
• Skill Assessment Screening
• Criminal Background Check
• Polygraph Exam
• Psychological Evaluation
• Health/Physical Evaluation
• Drug and Alcohol Screen
• Apprentice Telecommunicator: $15.88hr
• Telecommunicator (After 8mo probationary period): $17.02
• Shift Differential (Evening & Midnight shifts): 6%
**NOTE** Applicant must provide a valid Email Address, Drivers License number, and Social Security number on the application in order to be considered for employment