Equipment and Materials
Postage/mail machine, copiers, printers, fax machine, binding machine, and telephone switchboard, computers, various software programs, and general office equipment.
The individual works indoors in a well-lighted, air-conditioned office and outdoors for mail, deliveries, and supplies. The job has no significant hazards and the physical demands are light. Duties involve lightweight materials, and/or using force for lifting/pushing/pulling/ carrying weight of up to 25 lbs. Will be required to use safety equipment and materials as necessary.
Example of Work
1. Must possess excellent driving skills and driving record to deliver to City Council, and to pick-up & deliver for City Secretary and City Manager.
2. Order and maintain service and supplies for office equipment as needed: City Secretary copiers, printers, laminating machine, and vehicle; and City Hall copiers and postage machine.
3. Pick-up and distribute incoming city mail.
4. Place postage on outgoing city mail, and order and maintain all mail supplies.
5. Order, maintain and distribute coffee supplies.
6. Assist with the Information Desk area.
7. Assist with agenda preparation, agenda delivery, and City Council meeting set up.
8. Serve as a Passport Processing Agent.
9. Will perform records imaging tasks.
10. Assist Records Supervisor with Central Files area; and open records requests.
11. Assist departmental staff with projects and tasks within the department.
12. Other duties as assigned by the City Secretary, and will perform miscellaneous clerical duties: word processing, filing, faxing, laminating, binding, and copying tasks.
13. Duties involve lightweight materials, and/or using force equal to lifting about 25 pounds.
14. Employee may be required to work before 8:00 a.m., after 5:00 p.m., and weekends.
15. Required to wear proper attire for the job duties and responsibilities.
16. Required to follow and practice all City policies and procedures.
17. Required to use safety equipment necessary to fulfill duties and responsibilities.
18. Secure all departmental keys and maintain a key check-out log.
19. Must maintain confidentiality and integrity of any and all departmental documents and/or issues that require confidentiality.