|Organization: City of Glenn Heights|
Serves as the chief administrative and executive officer of the city; under general policy guidance from the City Council, plans, organizes, integrates fiscal controls, directs, administers, reviews and evaluates the activities, operations, programs and services of the City; ensures development and execution of the municipality’s strategic plan and annual budget; ensures City government operations and functions effectively to serve the needs of Glenn Heights residents and stakeholders, ensures that all laws and city ordinances are enforced, and performs related duties as assigned by the City Council.
- Plans, organizes, controls, integrates and evaluates the work of all City departments and subdivisions to ensure that operations and services comply with the policies and direction set by the City Council and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Plans and evaluates management staff performance; establishes performance requirements and development targets; monitors performance and provides coaching and training for performance improvement and development; recommends compensation and benefits employee packages to Council; develops and provides rewards incentives to recognize performance; and takes disciplinary action to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with the City’s personnel rules and policies.
- Directs and oversees the creation and maintenance of comprehensive, effective human resource management programs, policies and systems consistent with the City Council’s guidance; directs and monitors labor relations programs and initiatives; directs the improvement of management systems, processes and measurement techniques to improve City operations and effectiveness.
- Fiduciary responsibility over all City operations (budget, audit, communication of financial condition of the City, etc.).
- Keeps the Council apprised of legislative, regulatory and policy issues impacting the City.
- Directs the development of the Comprehensive Plan, the Capital Improvement Plan, the Economic Development Plan and all other pertinent planning documents and master plans for approval by Council.
- Assures that all necessary public safety operations, i.e. Police, Fire, Emergency Management and Municipal Court programs, policies and procedures, services, and measures are developed and maintained to protect the City, it’s citizens and property.
- Assures risk management controls and assessments are in place to protect the City’s liability and property concerns.
- Assures that all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the City in any public utility franchise are faithfully kept and performed taking appropriate action to correct any violation.
- Develops Council meeting agenda(s) with the Mayor; attends all meetings of the City Council, taking part in discussions and recommending Council action as appropriate.
- Assures efficient and effective staff support is provided for all Council appointed Boards and Commissions, and special committees.
- Assures the efficient, economical, and effective controls over the creation, distribution, organization, maintenance, use, protection, retention, and disposition of all City records.
- Directs and oversees the preparation of a wide variety of reports and presentations for the City Council, citizen committees, public meetings, and outside agencies; oversees the preparation of press releases and materials for dissemination to the media and the public; maintains effective relationships with the media.
- Participates and represents the City in regional, state and national meetings and conferences to stay abreast of trends, issues and technology related to municipal programs and operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Government, Public
Administration or equivalent field.
- Certified Public Manager or related certification preferred.
- 5-10 years increasingly responsible experience in municipal government administration in the role of chief executive or chief operating officer.
- Skill in effectively communicating with people of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, including appointed and elected officials and employees.
- Generalist knowledge of all facets of public administration.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.glennheights.com
1938 South Hampton Rd. Glenn Heights, TX 75154 972-223-1690 ext. 206
Administration & Management|
1938 S Hampton|
City: Glenn Heights
Country: UNITED STATES
$90,480.00 to $104,891.12 Annually
|Apply By Date:|
|Open Until Filled|