High School Diploma or GED
2 years of water treatment surface experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of and ability to apply basic chemistry and mathematical principles.
· Knowledge of basic water purification equipment processes, controls, instrumentation and hydraulics.
· Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
· Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
· Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to interpret charts, flow diagrams, maintenance manuals, and instructions.
· Ability to perform mechanical repairs, including gas/electric welding.
· Ability to respond appropriately in emergency situations.
· Must possess the ability to provide leadership, assign responsibility, and follow through on jobs to completion.
· Ability to distinguish different colors to read and interpret lab equipment and fluids.
· Skill in use of personal computer including Microsoft Office, Open Office or similar word processing programs, e-mail and the internet.
· Must possess and exhibit the skills necessary to operate assigned tools and equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Must possess skills in personnel supervision, training, and in coordinating operations for