|Organization: City of Sugar Land|
At the City of Sugar Land, we are looking for people driven by a desire to contribute, possess a willingness to be challenged, and are committed to public service. Our champion employees are a driving factor for making Sugar Land “One of Americas Best”.
The Treasury Division of the Collections & Procurement Department has an opening for a Treasury Manager. The Treasure Manager will responsible for ensuring internal control measures are in place for billing and collections of fees related to water, wastewater, solid waste, aviation, COBRA/Retiree insurance, and other miscellaneous receivables.
|SUMMARY OF DUTIES:|
- Plan, manage, supervise, and coordinate the programs, services, and activities of the Treasury management function including the billing and collection of City revenues, cash management, and customer service.
- Manage general office activities and staff including interviewing, selecting, training and developing, evaluating, disciplining and counseling. Plan, direct, and coordinate the work of division staff; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures; and meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all individuals by demonstrating a willingness to be attentive, understanding, responsive, fair, courteous and respectful, and to actively participate in maintaining a positive customer service environment.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of all customer bills timely and accurately. Ensure timely receipt and reconciliation of all cash transactions. Manage the centralized cashiering function at City Hall and provide oversight to the departmental receipt of cash at all City locations.
- Provide responsible staff assistance to City Management and the Director of Collections and Procurement by conducting a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommend modifications to revenue and cash management programs, policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Assist the Director of Budget and Research and the Chief Accountant with all aspects of managing an investment portfolio. Oversee the Deputy Treasury Manager’s responsibilities with investments ensuring prudent investment of cash while maintaining adequate cash availability to meet current obligations in conformance with applicable State law and adopted Council policy.
- Manage the City’s relationship with Fort Bend County for taxing purposes, serving as a liaison to the Fort Bend Central Appraisal District and the City’s Delinquent Tax Attorney. Coordinate property tax payments from Fort Bend County for entry.
- Manage and monitor a variety of revenue sources for the City including various fees and property taxes. Coordinate daily cash reporting with various City departments. Serve as a liaison to these departments in resolving sensitive or controversial issues.
- Establish processes and procedures for all billing and collections activities. Develop a schedule of all billings and collections with a timeline. Monitor staff efforts to ensure customers are billed accurately.
- Prepare and implement the Treasury Division’s budget to maintain program functions at lowest possible costs. Assure that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; perform cost and internal control activities; monitor revenues and expenditures in assigned area to assure sound fiscal control; and participate in the forecast of additional funds for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Interpret and assure compliance with appropriate State and Local laws governing municipal utilities and City policies and procedures.
- Represent the division, attend City Council meetings as necessary, prepare and present items to City Council for consideration and approval; attend staff meetings; participate in mandated training and staff development. Attend various meetings outside of normal working hours as required.
- Direct and implement system control for management of software applications. Knowledge of and ensure use of software capabilities, implements upgrades, and request and work with vendor on City requested changes.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Six years of progressively responsible professional experience in revenue management, including billing and collection for water utilities and miscellaneous receivables, preferably involving public sector experience including at least three or more years management or supervisory responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Finance, Accounting or Business/Public Administration or closely related field.
- Texas Class C Driver's License.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Preferred License and/or Certification and Experience:
- Certified Property Tax Assessor/Collector Preferred.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in Finance, Accounting or Business/Public Administration or closely related field.
- Experience leading, coaching and developing staff.
- Municipal experience preferred.
- Experience with Sungard HTE/AS400 applications-CIS billing and AR Billing.
- Certified Investment Officer Preferred or the ability to obtain within 12 months of assuming Investment duties as described by the Public Funds Investment Act.
For more information, click the link below: Treasury Manager
Administration & Management|
2700 Town Center Blvd N|
City: Sugar Land
Country: UNITED STATES
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|
|Open Until Filled|