ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Operates mowing equipment including tractors, riding mowers and other specialized equipment;
• Rakes sand bunkers, removes debris;
• Changes hole placement;
• Sets tee markers;
• Assists with loading fertilizers;
• Assists Golf Superintendent;
• Oils, greases, cleans, and helps maintain equipment;
• Cleans maintenance buildings and parking areas;
• Installs tee signs;
• Removes tee signs;
• Hauls limbs, plant waste, and wood chips;
• Performs site clean-up work;
• Runs a tree chipper;
• Assists in tree care maintenance on golf courses;
• Performs turf care on golf courses.
Performs other duties as required.
No supervisory responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma not required, Incumbent may be less than high school graduate;
• Knowledge of golf helpful;
• Ability to understand moderately complex, relatively standardized tasks, processes or operations;
• Ability to understand work processes, methods and use of equipment machinery;
• Ability to get on and off tractors and like equipment
• Ability to drive golf maintenance equipment;
• Mobility and strength to change hole placements and tee markers and perform minimal maintenance;
• Valid Indiana Driver's License.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using money, weights and measures, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Indiana Driver's License if City vehicle is used
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Effort is exerted for short periods of time. Strain involved is not prolonged. Effort involves moderate -- pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, and the ability to lift 50 pounds and carry the weight a minimum of 25 feet. Work is performed while in an abnormal sitting or standing position. Manual dexterity is moderate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moderate exposure to dust, grease, extreme temperature, noise, inclement weather, etc. Exposure to hazardous working conditions on occasion.