|Organization: City of Homestead|
Individual analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer systems, and implements solutions. This is a highly technical position requiring a dedication to implementing and supporting the latest computer technologies.
- Confers with personnel of user departments involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Evaluates existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Writes new or modifies current computer programs as required. Designs test data and test methodologies for these programs.
- Evaluates and corrects program errors, using methods such as modifying program or altering sequence of program steps.
- Analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as required.
- Assists users having problems with use of system software.
- Prepares time and cost estimates for completing projects.
- Administers and monitors computer system that control user access (System Security).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in computer science or related field; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Total working knowledge of:
Ø Microsoft Windows Server. Ø Microsoft Windows Workstation. Ø Microsoft Office Program Suite. Ø PC Hardware assembly, trouble shooting, upgrading. Ø Data Base Management Systems (DBMS) (ie: SQL, DB2, Ø ACCESS, ORACLE) design/development. Ø Windows Networking Environment (10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet, etc.) Ø Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, DNS, DHCP, Web Server, IIS, etc. Ø Blackberry Enterprise Server. Ø Storage Area Networks (SAN) Ø Cisco Firewalls and switches (IOS, VLAN, etc) Ø Voice-Over-IP (VOIP)
Ø Current MCSE and Cisco Certified. Ø IBM AS/400 Operating Environment. Ø GIS Ø Internet Web site design/hosting.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must possess a valid state of Florida Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Must pass a background screening process.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
TO APPLY: http://www.cityofhomestead.com/DocumentCenter/Home/View/70
Information, Technology & Communication Services|
790 N. Homestead Blvd|
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$55,349.00 to $67,496.00 Annually
|Apply By Date:|
|March 7, 2013|