|Organization: City of Winter Garden|
"We make every customer feel important and cared for, find creative solutions with a can-do attitude, and follow the Winter Garden Way."
* Ownership * Responsive * Respectful * Professional
Provide service delivery that will create service wins for both our internal and external customers.
This is a position responsible for general administrative work in the Human Resources Department. An employee in this class is responsible for the performance of complex and varied clerical duties. The work requires the exercise of good judgment. Work is done under general supervision of the Human Resources Supervisor and Assistant City Manager – Administrative Services.
- Draft and edits department correspondence, emails, flyers and other types of communication in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Distributes incoming mail to appropriate individuals of the department/division.
- Assists in and conducts special studies, surveys, and reports; collects information and analyzes data and prepares appropriate reports.
- Takes notes and minutes of meetings, conferences and functions as required.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of department records; sets up and maintains files.
- Respond to incoming calls; refer callers to appropriate department and staff member for resolution.
- Deal with confidential and sensitive issues requiring a high degree of discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- Orders office supplies from approved suppliers and maintains appropriate inventory levels of office supplies.
- Updates forms, templates and other related documents.
- Assists with New Hire and Benefit Administration.
- Update Payroll system with employee/administration changes.
- Assist job applicants with employment related inquires.
- Track and maintain FMLA requests, files and spreadsheets.
- Enters worker’s compensation claims in system.
- Coordinate or assist with special events.
- Participates in varied clerical and administrative duties of department.
- Performs other job related duties that are consistent with the assigned Department/Division responsibilities.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to four years administrative/clerical experience in a Human Resources environment, preferably in the public sector.
- Must be able to pass clerical skills test and writing assessment skills, as required.
- Bilingual desirable.
Exceptions to the minimum qualifications must be reviewed by the Assistant City Manager – Administrative Services and approved by the City Manager prior to job offer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in the use of computer systems using Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other similar programs.
- Ability to use independent judgment in routine and non-routine situations which occur.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, departments and the public, both in person and over the telephone, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to maintain composure during emergency situations.
- Has the ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and discrete manner.
- Has the ability to prepare clear and concise correspondence, memorandums, reports and other documents as required.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to remain efficient and flexible in the performance of multiple tasks/priorities, completing all assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of pertinent laws and rules.
- Knowledge of prioritizing and organizing a variety of administrative tasks.
- Work is sedentary in nature, but may include lifting or moving light items associated with clerical office operations.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
The City of Winter Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Winter Garden provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
TO APPLY: http://www.cwgdn.com/files/forms/hr/WG_Employment_App.pdf
Clerical & Administrative Support|
Personnel / Human Resources
Administrative Analysis & Research
251 West Plant Street|
City: Winter Garden
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 11.85 to $ 18.18 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
|Open Until Filled|