|Animal Control Officer|
|Organization: Okeechobee County BOCC|
Work involving the enforcement of County Animal Control ordinance and state laws relating to animals; ensuring the public is protected from diseased, problem and vicious stray animals, and that animals are humanely treated after being impounded. Duties include: apprehending, impounding, euthanizing and disposing of diseased, unwanted, unhealthy, problem and vicious animals.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Current, valid Animal Control Officer Certification
- Euthanasia Certification
- Chemical Capture Certification
- Knowledge of State and County animal control regulations and animal care procedures
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with safe driving record. Cannot have more than three (3) points off of Driver’s License for infractions
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with the public and other employees
- High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency (GED)
- Two (2) years of experience in handling, trapping, ensnaring and transporting domestic type animals
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Position is part-time, up to thirty-hours per week
- selected applicant with certifications and background required for Animal Control Officer I will be paid $12.63 per hour; or
- selected applicant which are hired but do not have Animal Control certification(s), will be paid $11.37 per hour and required to obtain Animal Control Officer certifications.
304 NW 2nd Street - Room 109|
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 11.37 to $ 12.63 Hourly
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|
|Open Until Filled|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM