• Basic grounds maintenance skills, including but not limited to, mowing, planting, weeding, pruning, irrigation, and fertilization;
• Basic building custodial skills including, but not limited to, cleaning restrooms, floors, windows, and fixtures;
• Basic grounds keeping equipment maintenance and repair skills;
• Follow written and oral instructions;
• Operate and maintain power equipment, including but not limited to, grounds keeping and turf equipment, riding and walk-behind mowers, trimmers, tractor, and related equipment;
• Operate hand tools;
• Operate a motor vehicle;
• Operate, adjust, and monitor automated sprinkler control systems;
• Maintain maintenance records, logs, and documentation;
• Work weekends, evenings, and holidays, as assigned;
• Communicate effectively with the public, supervisors, and other City employees.
Acceptable Experience and Training
•Some experience in building and grounds maintenance is preferred; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
•Valid Idaho drivers license is required;
Essential Physical Abilities
•Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions, discern equipment warning sounds and alarms, and communicate effectively on the telephone and in person;
• Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions, operators manuals, and diagrams;
• Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate a variety of grounds keeping equipment, power and hand tools, to make adjustments to equipment, and operate a motor vehicle;
• Sufficient strength to lift objects up to 50 pounds regularly and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 100 lbs.;
• Sufficient personal mobility, agility, balance, and flexibility to perform maintenance and repair operations and perform strenuous activities for extended periods of time in varied weather conditions in a parks maintenance environment.
• Jobs in this class require performing repetitive hand movement in gripping, fingering and hand/wrist/arm movements. Related job tasks may require, with or without reasonable accommodation, walking, standing, sitting, lifting, stooping, squatting, kneeling, bending, crouching, pushing, grasping, and reaching.