|Organization: County of Black Hawk|
Job Code: 6311
Job Title: ADMINISTRATOR
View Salary: 278/GS-28 $72,294.35 to commiserate with experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
INSTRUCTIONS:Preference given to qualified applications received by 4:30pm, Monday, February 18, 2013 to the Black Hawk County Human Resources, 316 E 5th Street, Waterloo, IA 50703. Applications are available in Human Resources or online at www.co.black-hawk.ia.us . Resumes only will NOT be accepted.
The Administrator will be responsible to the Country View Board of Directors for the delivery of high quality rehabilitative, intermediate and skilled care to individuals with disabilities in their community, under their direction and in a manner that ensures their health and safety. The Administrator will support, train, and lead staff to become motivated and competent caregivers. The Administrator will operate the Intermediate Care Facility (ICF/SNF), Intermediate Care Facility for Intellectually Disabled persons (ICF/ID), Intermediate Care Facility for persons with Persistent Mental Illness (ICF/PMI) and other established programs in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Iowa, federal and state guidelines and regulations. The Administrator will be a wise steward of the tax payers' investment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be capable of regular and predictable attendance at a specific location in order to perform assigned tasks.
- Develop and direct the operating policies and procedures to reflect the goals and objectives of the ICF/SNF, ICF/ID, ICF/PMI, and other established programs.
- Lead through open and regular communication with resident council, care review council, union stewards, and team leaders.
- Administer regulatory compliance of the ICF/SNF, ICF/MR, ICF/PMI, and other established programs operation.
- Responsible for overall facility budget.
- Responsible for licensing standards, resident/staff safety, and health requirements.
- Develop management staff.
- Protect resident's rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to assist, negotiate, and manage union agreements that advance the efficient and effective use of quality and competent staff.
- Assure quality standards are met in care delivery, services, and program components.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervision is received from the Country View Board of Directors, or other designated official(s).
- Provides supervision and direction of departmental through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Must be licensed as a Nursing Home Administrator in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa and rules of the Iowa Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators.
- Must possess Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field plus at least five years of experience in a facility for individuals with disabilities or Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field plus three years of experience in a facility for individuals with disabilities.
- Must have a valid Iowa driver’s license and be insurable under the County’s liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance requirements is preferred. Must be familiar with current and applicable laws and regulations concerning Medicare and Medicaid.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and a professional work demeanor.
- Must have advance mathematical skills to compile statistical reports, develop and track financial reports.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work environment and physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Refer to the “Essential and Marginal Function Analysis” statement for a complete description of essential functions and functional requirements.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Employment applications for most County positions can be printed from this website and are also available in the Human Resources Department which is located at 316 E. 5th St., Waterloo, IA 50703, in the basement of the Black Hawk County Court House. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please follow the directions on the instruction sheet for completing the employment application and inserts and submit them to the Human Resources Department.
Each applicant is screened for minimum qualifications as outlined in the job posting. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Human Resources will forward a copy of the completed application to the department with the vacant position. That department will schedule interviews with applicants that meet its requirements. Because of the demand of some kinds of work, a job applicant may be required to complete a pre-employment/post-job offer physical, drug screen, criminal background check, and/or driving record check.
Black Hawk County Employment Application
See our “Frequently Asked Questions” section for more information.
Black Hawk County is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal access and opportunity for all job applicants. For a copy of the Black Hawk County Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmation Action Plan' click on "EEO/AA Policy".
Administration & Management|
Black Hawk County Courthouse|
316 East 5th Street, Room 37B
Country: UNITED STATES
|Apply By Date:|