|ENGINEERING AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER|
|Organization: Monterey Unified Air Pollution Control District|
Monterey Unified Air Pollution Control District serves the counties of Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz, and is headquartered in the City of Monterey, California. The air district was created by the Monterey County Board of Supervisors in 1965.
ENGINEERING AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER
Salary $125,000 - $135,000 per year
Apply By: Friday, March 22, 2013
The District is looking for a dynamic and results oriented leader to plan, direct, and review the activities of the Engineering and Compliance Divisions. Responsibilities will involve the application of District rules and regulations in the achievement of air quality goals, permit review, issuance and inspections, rule development, emission inventory, toxic risk assessment, and emissions banking. Strong leadership and management skills will be highly regarded in a candidate.
The individual hired into the newly created Engineering and Compliance Manager position will coordinate activities with state and federal agencies and serve as a member of the District's management team. The incumbent will possess excellent communication skills and will work closely with the Engineering and Compliance Division supervisors and will be available to discuss technical issues and interpret regulations. Duties also include evaluation of the effectiveness of established programs/services and development and implementation of new programs as mandated by law or community need.
Essential Duties of the Position
• Directs and participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Engineering and Compliance Divisions, including special programs.
• Oversees all Engineering and Compliance programs, including permitting, source testing, permit related rule development, Title V, burn management, asbestos, Mutual Settlement, and the AB 2588 air toxics programs.
• Manages and makes work assignments to the Engineering and Compliance supervisors and prepares the supervisors’ annual performance evaluations; reviews staff performance evaluations prepared by the supervisors.
• Develops, implements, and maintains written procedures and policies for the Engineering and Compliance Divisions.
• Performs workflow and production analysis for continued process improvement and to enhance customer service.
• Develops, manages, and oversees the Engineering and Compliance Divisions’ annual budgets and monitors expenditures.
• Conducts and participates in meetings with firms, individuals, and public agencies; makes presentations to the Board of Directors and the Advisory Committee; stays current on air quality issues relevant to engineering and compliance administration.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Equivalent to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in chemical, environmental, or mechanical engineering.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in air quality regulation and management, engineering, and toxics, including four (4) years in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class C California Driver License.
To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please visit the District’s website at www.mbuapcd.org or Koff & Associates’ website at www.koffassociates.com to download the application and supplemental questions. Please submit a cover letter, resume, employment application, and answers to the supplemental questions by email to Lori Worden at email@example.com . As an alternative, you can mail your application materials to:
Koff & Associates, Inc.
6400 Hollis Street, Suite 5
Emeryville, CA 94608
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Public Works & Engineering|
Country: UNITED STATES
$125,000.00 to $135,000.00 Annually
|Apply By Date:|
|Friday, March 22, 2013|