|Area Supervisor - Enterprise Management-RB2-2013|
|Organization: Denver Public Schools|
Job Title: Area Supervisor - Enterprise Management
Department/School: Enterprise Management Department/Food & Nutrition Services
Location: 2320 W. 4th Avenue, Denver, Colorado
Salary Range: Starting salary $54,144 - minimum
Work Year/Schedule: 235 Day
Application Due Date: Open Until Filled
Position Start Date: Negotiable
HR Contact: Renee Barela
The Denver Public Schools, Food and Nutrition Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Area Supervisor. This position is responsible for supervision of the Food and Nutrition Services personnel in the overall administration and management and operation of the USDA school meals program. This includes administering, planning, directing, assessing, implementing promoting and evaluating the program in order to meet the nutritional and educational needs of students.
* Provides leadership and guidance in promoting teamwork, professional development, safety and sanitation while maintaining program integrity and customer satisfaction.
* Employs sound management and leadership strategies to maintain an effective and efficient program.
* Develops short and long-term goals and objectives through strategic planning that support the philosophies and policies of the District and Food and Nutrition Services.
* Analyzes food service operations for cost effectiveness and works with Food and Nutrition Services personnel to implement improvements. Monitoring adherence of food service programs to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
* Assigns and evaluates personnel. Develops and reviews work schedules and production standards for the Food and Nutrition Services staff.
* Evaluates the technical performance of Food and Nutrition Services Managers.
* Trains and counsels subordinate staff.
* Ensures proper use and care of food service equipment and supplies.
* Monitors safety and sanitation practices, as well as Health Department regulations, and ensures their compliance.
* Prepares required reports of Food and Nutrition Services operations.
* Monitors financial performance and interprets for managers.
* Assists managers in planning and implementation of promotions and marketing efforts.
* Assists in the development and implementation of training all food service employees.
* Attends meetings of district personnel, student groups, community representatives, parents, and the general public in order to obtain and provide information concerning school food and nutrition programs.
* Promotes a district-wide customer service driven philosophy that focuses on value and satisfaction.
* Assist in the development of nutrition education and cooking classes for students, parents and the community, and nutritional analysis of all department menus.
* Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Five (5) years experience in a large volume institutional food service operation
• Three (3) or more years of successful experience in institutional culinary food service, hospitality industry or school lunchroom management,
• Two (2) years of successful experience in a supervisory position
• Demonstrated experience successfully supervising at a multi unit level with a diverse population.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer skills to include; Point-of-Sale (POS) systems, general office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Demonstrated knowledge of food service industry standards such as product distribution, cost control, equipment maintenance/repair HACCP, training, menu development, nutrition education etc.
• Excellent leadership, management, and teamwork skills as they relate to the hospitality industry.
• Must have a current and valid State of Colorado Driver’s license and must be able to provide transportation with in the school district
• Demonstrated experience performing in compliance with established human resource and departmental policies regarding: attendance (absences, tardiness, sick leave and vacation use, and other scheduled or unscheduled absences).
• Strong communication and persuasive abilities, including verbal, written and presentation skills to the public, employees, education staff, and students
• Demonstrated high level of coaching, facilitation, ability to assist others in the change process and ability to build adult leaders.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Institutional Food Services Management, Culinary Arts, Dietetics, or other related field is preferred.
• Registered Dietician Credentials preferred.
• Certified Chef experience desireable.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
SEND TO A FRIEND
Education / Training|
900 Grant Street, Room 501|
Country: UNITED STATES
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|