|Timekeeper and Contract Billing Specialist|
|Organization: American States Water Company (see subsidiaries listed bel|
The ASUS Timekeeper and Contract Billing Specialist is responsible for (i) coordinating and ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of ASUS company-wide time entry submission in accordance with Company policy and procedures and (ii) maintaining the accuracy of customer contract terms, billings and cash collections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review the appropriateness of labor hours, pay types and general ledger accounts coded and submitted every two weeks
- Delegate to submit time on behalf of employees for purposes of timely payroll processing
- Monitor compliance and advise employees of policy and procedures with respect to ASUS-0008, “Timekeeping and Labor Reporting”
- Prepare and disseminate Certified Payroll Reports in accordance with Department of Labor and customer requirements, while safeguarding the confidentiality of personnel labor and non-labor information
- Maintain ongoing communication with subsidiary personnel and General Office Accounting and Finance staff with respect to timekeeping and labor reporting
- Maintain ASUS customer database in JDE by review of Contract or Contract Modifications to include all necessary information to enable accurate and timely billings of customer invoices
- Prepare and submit invoicing for customer contracts based on contractual requirements and funding availability, including submission through the Government’s Wide-Area-Workflow invoicing system in accordance with various Contract billing terms
- Maintain regular communication with respective Government officials, other customers, ASUS project and subcontract teams to validate the accuracy and appropriateness of customer invoices
- Advise the collectability of receivables based on follow-up communications with customers
- Maintain centralize database and file storage on SharePoint of all customer contracts, invoices and relevant audit source documentation
Certified Payroll Reports & Miscellaneous:
- Completes Department of Labor Certified Payroll Reports, in support of ASUS subsidiaries labor reporting requirements pursuant to their customer contract terms
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree and two (2) years related administrative experience OR High School Diploma with five (5) years work experience in related field.
- Experience with JD Edwards accounting system – Timekeeping and Contracts module preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with U.S. Government contracts and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government billing and accounts receivable collections
- Organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative/Team oriented
- Exhibit professionalism with internal and external contacts
- High degree of initiative; self-starter
Job Location: Costa Mesa, California, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
TO APPLY: https://gswater.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.newsubmission
Public Works & Engineering|
Water / Wastewater Treatment
Clerical & Administrative Support
Administrative Analysis & Research
City: Costa Mesa|
Country: UNITED STATES
Negotiable / DOQ
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM