|Executive Assistant - Office of Employee Relations|
|Organization: City of San Jose|
The City of San Jose invites applicants for the position of Executive Assistant in the Office of Employee Relations, a division of the City Manager's Office. The Office of Employee Relations' primary functions are: labor negotiations, administration of labor contracts, employee performance and conduct issues, employee-related policy development and interpretation and concerns/complaints related to discrimination and harassment. The Office of Employee Relations also manages the City of San Jose's Whistleblower Hotline, where City employees, customers and residents can raise concerns about City services. The City of San Jose has approximately 7,000 employees, and the primary goals of the Office of Employee Relations are to help maintain a productive, motivated and skilled work force and to foster positive employee and labor relations.
This position is a full-time salaried position with an approximate starting annual salary of $52,604 and an excellent benefits program.
This position performs executive level administrative work for the Office of Employee Relations and directly supports Office of Employee Relations' Deputy City Manager. The focus of this position is on performing various administrative functions of considerable difficulty in the Office of Employee Relations. Given the nature of the Office's work, this position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills, and the ability to handle very confidential and sensitive information with a high level of ethics and integrity. This is an at-will, unclassified position that is FLSA exempt (salaried).
Some of the duties of the position may include:
-Supporting the Deputy City Manager by managing calendar, email and phone calls
-Monitors the completion of projects and staff assignments, acting as a liaison to ensure staff completion
-Developing and administering internal office processes and procedures to ensure accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of project completion
-Responding to inquiries and questions for the Deputy City Manager (with heavy use of email and phone)
-Supervising the production of confidential draft and final reports and correspondence: proofreads and edits for grammar, punctuation, spelling, format, consistency of terms, and clarity.
-Gathering, organizing and evaluating data related to specific issues, programs or projects
-Office personnel administration and participation in budget preparation and administration. Prepares and monitors expenditures, contracts and payments.
-Other administrative functions as assigned.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
-Education: Associates of Arts degree from an accredited college in business or closely related field.
-Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in the business field and/or office management.
-Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
- Job Expertise - demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices, Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations.
- Communication Skills - communicates and listens effectively and responds in a timely, effective, positive and respectful manner; written reports and correspondence are accurate, complete, current; well-organized, legible, concise, neat, and in proper grammatical form.
- Computer Skills - experience with common business computer applications including but not limited to: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Excel.
- Customer Service - approaches problem-solving by focusing on customers first; advocates for customer results point of view; demonstrates the ability to anticipate customers' needs and deliver services effectively and efficiently in a timely, accurate, respectful and friendly manner.
- Maintaining Personal Credibility/Meeting Ethical Standards - When confronted with ethical dilemmas, acts in a way that reflects relevant law, policy and procedures, agency values, and personal values.
- Reliability - completes quality work assignments in a timely and efficient manner; fulfills responsibilities and maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Education / Training
Personnel / Human Resources
Administrative Analysis & Research
San Jose City Hall|
200 East Santa Clara St.
City: San Jose
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|