||$3,614.00 - $5,779.00 Monthly
|OPENING DATE: 03/08/13
|CLOSING DATE: 04/30/13 01:00 PM
One vision, one voice - working together for a safer Washington.
Great people, great service - excellence every time.
To learn more about DOL, check out our website.
This announcement is being used to fill multiple vacancies. While it officially closes on April 30, 2013, candidate screening will begin as early as March 15. The hiring authority reserves the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at anytime. If all positions are filled prior to April 30, we will discontinue the advertisement. It will be to the applicants' advantage to submit materials as soon as possible.
These appointments are designed to develop entry-level Information Technology Specialists 2 (ITS2) into senior-level ITS4 .NET Developers. At the fully functioning level, these positions develop and support at least one mission-critical system, as well as other field, Internet and Imaging systems that directly contribute to the achievement of DOL business strategies/initiatives.
Support provided by these positions include:
- Development and enhancement of .NET applications – using object-oriented programming principles and advanced knowledge of .NET programming/development techniques in a variety of programming languages and environments.
- Customer and production support of .NET systems – through the application of advanced consulting skills to identify solutions and enhancement to existing applications or assist clients in troubleshooting.
- Proactive pursuit of process improvement – applying a global perspective of current business processes, IS projects, and applicable technology solutions to enhance the quality and timeliness of DOL services.
As is the standard within the Department’s IS Division, these Developers will ensure that analysis, testing and documentation are consistent with internal practices, policies, and procedures.
The incumbents must be agreeable to work hours beyond 40 per week and occasionally on-call when necessary to meet business objectives.
To qualify for consideration at the ITS2-level, please ensure that your application materials demonstrate the following qualifications.
· A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, which includes completion of course work in object-oriented programming fundamentals and language(s), data structures, and algorithms. Degree must have been received within the past five years or will be completed within the current school year.
· An Associate’s degree in the field of technology which includes completion of course work in object-oriented programming fundamentals and language(s), data structures, and algorithms PLUS two years of programming experience. Degree must have been received within the past five years or will be completed within the current school year.
· One year or more experience in the following:
o .NET programming experience to include analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases.
o Coding from specifications and evaluating alternatives in code implementation:
§ VB 6.0, VB Script, VB.NET, ASP, ASP.NET, C#
§ SQL Server 2005
§ HTML, CSS, XML
o Skills demonstrations of the above will be required at the time of interview.
· A Master’s degree in computer science may substitute for the additional year of experience.
Preference may be granted to employees who currently provide IT support and production support for DOL systems.
Depending upon qualifications, eligible candidates may be appointed at the ITS2 level (Range 54: $3,614 - $4,741/mo) or ITS3 (Range 58: $3,991 - $5,233/mo) or ITS 4 (Range 62: $4,406 - $5,779/mo). Associated training plans to reach the ITS4 level may vary in duration anywhere between 12-24 months.
From July 1, 2011 through June 29, 2013 a 3% temporary salary reduction is in effect for most state positions. Pay cited does account for the reduction in pay. For specific information on the Temporary Salary Reduction click here.
About the Department of Licensing
The Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) is an organization invested in innovation and positive change. Our commitment to customers extends beyond delivering customer service to the community.
We promote employee participation and recognition by our belief in great people, great service. We are committed to providing professional growth opportunities for every employee through the encouragement of career development, strong commitment to training, and promotional opportunities.
To learn more about us, visit About DOL.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To be considered for this vacancy, please ensure that you submit the following through this system.
1 A letter of interest clearly describing how you meet the QUALIFICATIONS listed.
2 Your chronological résumé depicting work experience and/or education that support your letter of interest.
3 Your college transcripts demonstrating formal education in the study of Information Technology.
4 A list of at least 3 professional references including names, professional titles, and current phone numbers.
Note: Applicants wishing to take advantage of veterans' preference must include DD214, NGB 22 or signed verification of service letter from USDVA with application materials
This position is in a collective bargaining unit. As a condition of employment you will be required to become a member or pay a fee as outlined in the Master Agreement.
The act of submitting application materials is considered affirmation that the information provided is complete and truthful. Prior to any new appointment into DOL, a background check will be conducted.
The certification from this recruitment may be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to six months.
The Washington State Department of Licensing celebrates a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. We encourage all qualified persons, including members of protected groups under applicable state and federal law, to apply for our open positions.
|.NET Developer - ITS2 in training to ITS4 Supplemental Questionnaire
||(1000All) Have you been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony within the past ten (10) years? (Answering yes will not automatically bar you from employment.)
|| Yes No
|* Required Question