|Public Health Administrator II|
|Organization: State of Delaware|
||8/21/2013 11:59:00 PM
|Type of Recruitment:
||Yearly: $70,807.00/Min - $88,509.00/Mid
||DHSS/Public Health/Community Health
||Jesse Cooper Building: (417 Federal Street, Dover, DE, 19901)
||DHSS Applicant Services
The incumbent in this position will manage the Division-wide comprehensive and integrated approach to data informatics and use for the new Health Informatics and Data Section. The Health Informatics and Data Section will include the Division’s current Health and Vital Statistics Section, the Bureau of Health Informatics, and the State Epidemiologist. The duties include: improving interoperability of data systems, enhancing access to timely health information, and the strategic use of data for health information exchanges, clinical, planning, and quality improvement purposes.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Directs state-wide programs, staff and fiscal activities and staff of all offices within a Bureau.
- Reviews operational policies and procedures and initiates changes and additions as required.
- Develops, organizes, coordinates and manages diverse health-related activities involving individuals with differing levels of expertise.
- Attends meetings and conferences as representative of the Division of Public Health.
- Directs and participates in the development of new programs and the methodologies and scientific technologies to meet goals and objectives.
- Prepares reports and oversees reporting functions of various programs in the Bureau
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
- Six months experience in public health informatics.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Public Health Administrator II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher.
- Three years experience in public health administration such as ensuring that public health policies, procedures and operational plans are implemented to provide overall direction of all activities involving public health programs, services, budgets, state and federal funding, resources, staff and fiscal requirements to meet goals and objectives and to ensure compliance with applicable public health laws and regulations.
- Three years experience in public health planning such as analyzing and evaluating public health programs, projects, and policies, interpreting research studies and health trends which includes qualitative and quantitative analysis of health data to develop strategies and policies and advise department and state officials on public health concerns.
- Three years experience in developing policies and procedures.
- Three years experience in operations management which includes planning, directing, coordinating, controlling and evaluating operations typically through subordinate supervisors.
- Six months experience in strategic planning such as planning and mapping a path between the present and future usually for three to five years by determining key objectives, how to accomplish the key objectives, what strategies should be used, what activities would contribute to accomplishing the key objectives and developing performance measures to gauge and report progress or success.
- Six months experience in contract management and control such as ensuring compliance with terms of contracts; negotiating changes to existing contracts.
- Six months experience in grant management and control which includes monitoring and evaluating grant expenditures.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application is evaluated based upon a rating of training and experience.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Administration & Management|
Human and Social Services
122 William Penn St.|
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 0.00 Annually
Negotiable / DOQ