|Human Resource Manager I|
|Organization: State of Wyoming|
Human Resource Manager I
|Working Title: Deputy Human Resources Manager
|(Recruitment ID: EHAH12-21418)
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
DEPARTMENT: Department of Corrections, Central Services
FULL HIRING RANGE: $5,511.00 - $6,483.00 per month
|CLASS CODE: EHAH12
The Wyoming Department of Corrections is committed to public safety, and provides offenders with secure and humane treatment that gives them every opportunity for rehabilitation. We offer a safe and supportive working environment for our staff members, who are the strength of our organization and enables us to achieve our objectives. We are seeking a Deputy Human Resources Manger to coordinate all recruiting activities for the agency and assist the Human Resources Manager in providing a full range of Human Resources services to our 1,280 employees.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of agency human resources programs and procedures within policies established at HRD related to recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, benefits, promotions, performance evaluation, training and development, employee engagement and grievances.
- Assists in providing direction and guidance to those who administer human resources programs and procedures at an institution/facility within agency policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with policies and rules established by HRD and laws related to EEO, affirmative action and labor laws.
- Initiates and participates in classification reviews.
- Coordinates recruitment and testing activities in conjunction with HRD.
- Reviews the preparation and processing of human resources documentation, including payroll processing, benefits administration and maintenance of human resources records
- Reviews human resources actions, approves within designated authority levels and refers decisions where necessary.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates performance of staff.
- Provides consultation and advice to managers, supervisors and employees on human resources issues.
- Coordinates problem solving procedures; confers with employees and employee representatives on issues and negotiates resolutions.
- May represent the agency in human resources matters and hearings. Conducts internal investigations into employee complaints under EEO, FLSA, ADA and other topical areas as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of comprehensive principles and practices of human resource management.
- Knowledge of management concepts, principles, methods and practices.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- May require extensive travel.
Preference will be given to those with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources Management, Business Administration PLUS
Five (5) years of progressive work experience in Human Resources including two (2) years of State of Wyoming Human Resources experience.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code EHAH12) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at: http://statejobs.state.wy.us/lookup.aspx
Official copies of College Transcripts and any current certification/licensure must be provided upon interview or before official offer of position.
The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Drug Free Workplace. Per WDOC policy, all staff are subject to drug testing while employed by WDOC. Successful applicants for employment must pass a background/reference check and urinalysis drug test prior to appointment.
The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Tobacco-Free Workplace and prohibits the taking, carrying, possessing or introducing of smoking materials, smokeless tobacco, or tobacco substitutes on or into WDOC facilities and grounds.
For more information or to apply online go to http://statejobs.state.wy.us/JobSearchDetail.aspx?ID=21418 or submit a State of Wyoming Employment Application to the Human Resource Division, Emerson Building, 2001 Capitol Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82002-0060, Phone: (307)777-7188, Fax: (307)777-6562, along with transcripts of any relevant course work. The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Personnel / Human Resources|
2001 Capitol Avenue|
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 5511.00 to $ 6483.00 Monthly
|Apply By Date:|
|Open Until Filled|