|Community Health Specialist III (HD.14551)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: HD.14551
Hours: Full Time 37.5 Hours/Week, Monday-Friday 8-4pm
Location: 3010 Grand Avenue, Waukegan, IL 60085
This position serves in a support role for internal (departmental) and external (county-wide and regional) health planning, data collection and evaluation efforts.
Develops innovative, accurate, timely and high quality publications, digital datasets, products and services for our customers. Assists with conducting data analyses, interpretations and writes professional reports and monographs under the direction of senior staff. Tracks performance measures for programs and assists in marketing their successes. Helps with implementing the various assessments and requirements for local health department certification and public health accreditation. Promotes data sharing and helps to assure accurate data collection and analysis by providing technical assistance to departmental programs, other organizations and communities.
- Bachelors or masters degree in public health, public policy, behavioral, environmental or social sciences, nursing or related field required. With bachelors degree, at least two years of experience in community/population health assessment or health improvement planning required. With masters degree, no experience required.
- Advanced proficiency with software products (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Visio and statistical software like SAS or SPSS).
- Advanced communication skills including publication creation and public speaking.
- Experience working across a wide variety of Local, State and Federal government stakeholders.
- Experience with public health assessment, planning and statistical research (both quantitative and qualitative research designs).
- Knowledge of performance measurement and indicator/metric/measures development.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of policy, environment and system evaluation.
- Knowledge of evidence-based and practice-based health assessment and planning methodologies.
- Knowledge of and experience working with statistical software packages.
ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS CONDITIONED ON THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT MEDICAL EXAM, WHICH INCLUDES A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN
Job Location: Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: $22.04 - USD
Applications will be accepted
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application.
Human and Social Services
18 North County Street|
Human Resources - 7th Floor
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$ 22.04 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM