|Assistant Director of Technology Solutions - #1986|
|Organization: The City of Durham|
Salary Range: $73,322.00 - $117,315
Last Edited Date: 03/01/2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Vacancy Status: Accepting Applications
The successful individual in this role will be responsible for assisting the CIO/Director in managing the Technology Solutions Department operations. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Technology Solutions Department as well as preparing the annual budget and work plan for the Technology Solutions Department to include the GIS budget and work plan for the County. This position also requires that the successful individual perform the following tasks:
1)Assist with planning and directing operations related to the implementation of technology solutions in the City;
2)Prepare the department's annual budget and work plan based on direction from the CIO/Director;
3)Manage all day-to-day activities involving user support and software application and system integration development;
4)Oversee coordination and evaluation of the hardware and software procurement process;
5)Assist the CIO/Director in the development of policies, procedures, and standards regarding computer based system development, implementation, and support;
6)Ensure customer service delivery by the Technology Solutions staff and maintain customer service standards;
7)Oversee the management of the county-wide GIS operations and maintain the contract with the County involving GIS services;
8)Provide personnel management and recordkeeping as required by City policy and procedures. Conduct performance evaluations for the team administrators;
9)Evaluate and plan training of the Technology Solutions staff;
10)Prepare agenda items and other documentations necessary for the contractual process for Technology Solutions initiatives and make presentations;
11)Proactively seek opportunities to make the services the City provides more effective through the application of automation or through more effective uses of new technology;
12)Coordinate and perform special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management of Information Technology, Business Administration, or other related field;
- 10 years experience in the IT field as well as 5-7 years experience managing IT staff;
- Valid NC driver's license. Abilities/Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of the terminology, concepts, requirements, and techniques of information systems technology, including Geographic Information Systems;
- Knowledge of local government practices;
- System analysis concepts;
- Capabilities, limitations, uses, and service requirements of computer hardware and software;
- Current networking practices and concepts;
- Current computer languages and uses for development;
- Modern methods and techniques of information system management;
- Systems and database administration;
- Principles of modern methods and techniques of information systems management;
- Personnel and workload management;
- Effective communication methods, orally and in writing;
- Project management;
- Evaluate personnel performance;
- Plan and coordinate projects, and implement project goals;
- Lead departmental and cross functional project teams;
- Exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting departmental policies and procedures;
- Analyze methods and procedures accurately and logically and compile statistics;
- Policies and procedures development for IT operations;
- Plan and implement training program for the development and support staff.
- Determine the needs for the availability of databases and applications.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the work of professional and technical personnel.
- Relationships management with other departments and external groups and agencies.
- Coordinate events and meetings.
- Report writing methods.
- Develop and conduct presentations
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Alethea C. Bell - Human Resources Director
Note from HR Director:
So that your credentials can be adequately reviewed, please send your application or resume to
Fax: (919) 560-4969
Mail: Human Resources Department
101 City Hall Plaza
Durham NC 27701
Sending your application or resume to an individual may delay processing and may cause a deadline to be missed.
Individuals selected for conditional offers of employment must pass the City of Durham physical examination including drug and alcohol testing. A driver's history check is conducted for applicants applying for jobs requiring a valid North Carolina Driver's License and/or CDL. "This Agency Seeks Diversity in the Workplace". The City of Durham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Information, Technology & Communication Services|
101 City Hall Plaza|
State: North Carolina
Country: UNITED STATES
| Trade and Technical|
$73,322.00 to $117,315.00 Annually
|Apply By Date:|
|Open until filled|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM