|PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST|
|Organization: Rockdale County Government|
PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST
COMMUNITY AFFAIRS AND INNOVATIVE PROGRAMS
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT [2013-052]
This position is responsible for performing a variety of public relations task to support the day to day operations of the Department of Community Affairs and Innovative Programs.
- Assists in the planning and organizing of community outreach programs and special events; organizes and performs tours of Rockdale County facilities.
- Writes and/or produces scripts and public service announcements for programming on the County’s public access channel.
- Writes press releases, proclamations and other important County communications.
- Represents the department at public meetings and community functions.
- Designs, prepares and distributes invitations, notices, fliers and other public relations materials; assists with the publication of public information literature.
- Maintains inventory of supplies for general department use.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Knowledge of County policies and procedures and organizational structure.
- Knowledge of public relations practices and principles.
- Skill in operating modern office equipment and software plus specific software programs often used in the public relations industry such as Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Publisher and Final Cut Pro,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department personnel, county officials, co-workers, and the general public.
- Ability to make engaging public presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to assemble information and make written reports and documents in a concise, clear and effective manner.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public relations or related field.
- Two years’ experience in public relations, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid Georgia’s driver’s license.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Associated Press (AP) Style experience strongly preferred.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
The Rockdale County Department of Human Resources handles all job applications and screenings for County offices.
Equal Opportunity Statement
For further information, please contact the Department of Human Resources at 770-278-7575.
A new general application will need to be completed and will remain in effect for one year. After the general application is completed, you will only need to complete a brief supplemental application for each position. This new process applies for positions with an open date of March 12, 2012 and later. Here is the link to the general application. General Application
Your supplemental application may not be considered without an active general application on file. The general application remains active from the original date of completion for one year.
Marketing / Public Relations|
Public Information & Intergovernmental Affairs
Administrative Analysis & Research
P. O. Box 289|
981 Milstead Avenue
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM