|Counselor III/Case Manager (HD.15044)|
|Organization: Lake County Government|
Tracking Code: HD.15044
Hours: Full Time 37.5 Hours/Week, Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00pm
Location: Lake Villa NW Satellite, 121 E. Grand Ave., Lake Villa, IL 60046
A Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Transformation grant provides the opportunity to work with service members, veterans, guardsmen, reservists and their families to reduce hospitalizations, homelessness, and to provide or link individuals to Trauma Informed Support Services.
Employees will develop collaborative relationships with project partner agencies.
Responsible for engaging and assessing clients to determine needs. Plans and implements a treatment plan with clients on assigned caseload. Conducts case management, outreach, education, monitoring, referral, linkage, follow-ups and documentation. Develops collaborative relationships with community agencies invested in supporting military population served. Conducts individual, group, and family counseling necessary to facilitate progress of clients through stages of change and toward stability.
- Ability to relate to military/veteran and family population in order to motivate and affect change through evidence based interventions. Ability to perform clinical assessments to determine mental health or substance abuse issues.
- Using client-centered approach, able to identify client needs, develop treatment plans, identify stage of change and utilize motivational interviewing to facilitate progress.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and using the internet to identify resources.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independtly.
- Must have valid drivers' license and insurance.
With a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in behavioral sciences or related field, three years of experience is required; or with a Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related field, one year of experience is required. If a recovering person, must have two years of demonstrated sobriety/stability.
To remain in this position, an individual must, within 24 months have one of the following:
1. Be certified as an Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counselor by the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Board (I.A.O.D.A.P.C.A.) or have equivalent certification by a similar state or national board, or
2. Be licensed by the State of Illinois as a Physician, Psychologist, Licensed Social Worker (L.S.W.), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.), Licensed Professional Counselor (L.P.C.), or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (L.C.P.C.).
Job Location: Lake Villa, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: $20.11 - USD
Applications will be accepted
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
To apply for this position please click on this link: Job Application.
Human and Social Services
City: Lake Villa|
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$ 20.11 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|