- Prepares various forms of correspondence, memoranda, and staff reports for the Fire Chief. Prepares presentation materials and visual aids
- Assists with annual budget processes, by obtaining data, cost estimates, identifying necessary program enhancements.
- Manages departmental inventory, facilities, and uniforms through database management. Orders necessary resources and ensures orders are received, stored, and inventoried. Schedules necessary repairs and maintenance for facilities and equipment.
- Prepares bid specifications and purchase orders for the purchases of apparatus, equipment, and uniforms
- Works with MIT in assessing departmental computer system and relative hardware
- Coordinates scheduling of physical exams and immunizations.
- Coordinates and completes information relative to ISO requirements
- Supervises the General Services Technician
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Fire Science, Public Administration or Business Administration is preferred with three years supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of education, specialized training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Must possess excellent computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency with GIS/GPS and knowledge of hardware, software, peripherals, communication systems, and personal computers. Must be state certified as Firefighter II, Instructor I, Fire Officer I and Fire Apparatus Operator. Prior to selection, applicant must have a record free from felony crime, or a misdemeanor involving theft or giving false information, be in good physical condition as determined by NFPA medical examination and meet minimum physical fitness requirements of the Fire Fighter Professional Qualification Code as published by the National Fire Protection Association, and possess a valid Tennessee Driver's License with excellent driving history. Must possess thorough knowledge of City geography and related laws, ordinance, rules, and regulations.