|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
Under limited supervision, is responsible for inspecting residential and commercial buildings and alterations for compliance with City, State, and Federal codes and regulations. Ensures that buildings and structures meet proper compliance with plumbing, mechanical and/or electrical codes. Reports to the BNS Department Director.
- Performs commercial and residential building, plumbing, mechanical and/or electrical inspections, as assigned.
- Reviews and reads structural/architectural blueprints.
- Conducts telephone and mail correspondence.
- Writes reports and completes log sheets.
- Maintains complete inspection records of all inspections and other activities for office record.
- Studies reference matter and codebooks for updates and code changes.
- Operates computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data.
Associate’s degree in engineering or architecture Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of three to five years of building inspection experience (or related); or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Must possess valid TN DL.
Electrical Inspector must possess, within one year of employment, certification from National Electrical Code as required by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
Submit online application at www.franklintn.gov/jobs
Deadline to Apply: 5/4/2013
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
|Building and Neighborhood Services|
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$ 18.95 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|
PRINTED FROM CAREERSINGOVERNMENT.COM