|Organization: Richmond Redevelopoment and Housing Authority|
HIRING RANGE: $49,111 to $70,000
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority (RRHA) is the largest housing authority in the Commonwealth of Virginia. RRHA serves nearly 18,000 community members combined in nearly 4,100 public housing units and more than 2,900 families through the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8). RRHA also manages neighborhood and conservation programs throughout the City of Richmond.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: RRHA welcomes qualified applicants. Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum qualifications. Please visit RRHA’s website www.rrha.com to apply. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment drug screening, DMV and background checks.
This position is responsible for analyzing, planning and implementing methods for the handling of the Authority’s exposure to risk. The incumbent utilizes risk management tools such as insurance, loss prevention and reduction, training, safety inspections and safety committees. The Risk Manager is responsible for securing the Authority’s general liability and property insurance coverage. This position also handles insurance claims related to fleet, property and negligence. Sample duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Reviews contracts, invitations to bid, requests for proposals, requests for qualifications, leases, and other agreements to verify/revise insurance language and establish threshold insurance limits with appropriate input.
• Identifies and analyzes exposures and recommends strategies to minimize risk.
• Maintains claims log and monitors processing of general liability and auto liability and property and casualty insurance claims to ensure accurate and timely adjudication and settlement.
• Negotiates insurance riders/endorsements to better protect RRHA.
• Serves as liaison to insurance brokers, agents, companies and local safety and regulatory agencies.
• Recommends, implements and monitors loss control measures and programs.
• Provides safety training and consultation.
• Receives, investigates and processes auto accident, fire and other liability and damage claims for the Authority.
• Coordinates committees and task forces as needed to solve safety and risk management concerns.
(The following requirements may be used to evaluate applicants for employment. When applicable, equivalent substitution will be allowed for differences in experience and education.)
• Bachelor's degree in risk management, industrial safety or a related field.
• Five years of experience in risk management, including the development of public sector insurance portfolios or evaluation of insurance needs.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Two (2) or more years of affordable housing or public sector experience.
• Coursework in risk management and/or insurance.
• Certification by the Insurance Institute of America as an Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or similar certification.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
If additional information is needed, contact the RRHA Human Resources Department at 804-780-4931or e-mail us at email@example.com. Please DO NOT use this email address to submit a resume. This email address is for messages only.)
THE RICHMOND REDEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN TO BOTH FEMALES AND MALES
ALL APPLICANTS DRUG SCREENING AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION WILL BE REQUIRED.
Administration & Management|
901 Chamberlayne Parkway|
Country: UNITED STATES
$49,111.00 to $70,000.00 Annually
|Apply By Date:|