The classroom teacher shall be responsible for the effective management of the class/classes to which he or she is assigned. The teacher shall implement an educational program responsive to student needs according to state and local policy, including the Louisiana Components of Effective Teaching.
- Plans effectively for instruction
- Develops clear and concise written objectives for lesson plans
- Plans for the substitute teacher
• Utilizes the state and local curriculum guides
- Maintains an environment conducive to learning
- Takes appropriate precautions to protect students, equipment, material, and facilities
- Performs duty assignments
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records
- Manages learner behavior to provide productive learning opportunities
• Delivers instruction effectively
- Employs a variety of methods and techniques
- Presents appropriate content
- Utilizes knowledge of subject matter and child growth and development
- Provides opportunities for student involvement in the learning process
- Re-teaches when necessary
- Gives positive feedback throughout the lesson
- Assesses student progress
- Evaluates strengths and weakness of individual students
- Measures student growth using established goals and objectives
- Uses a variety of evaluative tools to test for understanding and application of subject matter
- Informs students and/or parents of student progress
- Integrates technology into instruction
- Produces evidence of students academic growth under his/her instruction
- Takes an active role in building-level decision making
- Participates in grade-level/subject area curriculum planning and evaluations
- Serves on task forces and decision making committee, when appropriate
- Implements school improvement plan
- Creates partnerships with parents/caregivers and colleagues
- Provides clear and timely information to parents/caregivers and colleagues
• regarding classroom expectations, student progress, and ways they can assist learning
• Encourages parents/caregivers to become active partners in their children's education and to become involved in school and classroom
- Seeks community involvement in the instructional program
Exhibits competency in the following areas:
- Poise and self-confidence
- Enthusiasm and optimism
- Willingness to implement recommendations
- Acceptable speech and grammar
- Effective communication with students
- Discreet handling of confidential information
- Unbiased attitude regarding race, sex, creed, religion or disability
- Effective communication with colleagues and other adults
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Possess a minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university. Must hold a valid Louisiana Teaching Certificate.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret government regulations and the like. Ability to write reports, memos, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, superintendent, school board, news media, and the public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel controls, tal and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move light weight up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work day length consists of teacher hours at the assigned school site according to School Board policy. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee acknowledges that he/she is required to maintain a high standard of professional conduct. Breach of said professional conduct includes but is not limited to: neglect of duty, dishonesty, engagement in acts that are contrary to East Baton Rouge Parish School Board policy, unlawful activities, or any other conduct which is seriously prejudicial to the school system.
Classification under Fair Labor Standards Act(s) (FLSA)
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System in compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act(s) considers this position EXEMPT from any and all overtime payments.
General Funds SALARY
Teacher Salary Schedule