|BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER|
|Organization: County of Black Hawk|
Job Code: 6663
Job Title: BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER
Department: Country View
Pay Level: 267/GS-17 $42,849.52 - $59,761.28 annual
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Opened: 04-10-13
Date Closed: Open Until Filled
INSTRUCTIONS: Preference given to applications received by 4:30pm, Monday, April 22, 2013 to the Black Hawk County Human Resources, 316 E 5th St, Waterloo, IA 50703. Applications are available in Human Resources or online at http://co.black-hawk.ia.us/depts/hrjobs.html. Position is open until filled.
Under general supervision from the Administrator, performs fiscal, management, and professional accounting work of considerable difficulty, including responsibility for reimbursements and all other fiscal operations of the department; supervises the business office, including the clerical staff. Performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be capable of regular and predictable attendance at a specified location in order to perform assigned tasks.
- Establish and maintain fiscal accounting records for the department.o Cost reports
o Auditing functions
o Financial reports
o Direct purchases
o Capital equipment
o Budget preparation
- Assist in the establishment, implementation, and enforcement of policies and procedures that relate to the fiscal management of the department.
- Supervises clerical staff.
- Authorizes purchases of major equipment and supplies as approved by the Administrator.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervision is received from the Administrator, or other designated official.
- Directly supervises five or more employees in the Business Office at Country View.
- Caries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in accounting or related field; or
- Equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of professional accounting principles and procedures.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Payroll systems; and Word Processing software is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to the operation of an ICF and ICF/ID Facility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Refer to the “Essential and Marginal Function Analysis” statement for a complete description of essential functions and functional requirements.
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Employment applications for most County positions can be printed from this website and are also available in the Human Resources Department which is located at 316 E. 5th St., Waterloo, IA 50703, in the basement of the Black Hawk County Court House. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please follow the directions on the instruction sheet for completing the employment application and inserts and submit them to the Human Resources Department.
Each applicant is screened for minimum qualifications as outlined in the job posting. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Human Resources will forward a copy of the completed application to the department with the vacant position. That department will schedule interviews with applicants that meet its requirements. Because of the demand of some kinds of work, a job applicant may be required to complete a pre-employment/post-job offer physical, drug screen, criminal background check, and/or driving record check.
Black Hawk County Employment Application
See our “Frequently Asked Questions” section for more information.
Black Hawk County is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal access and opportunity for all job applicants. For a copy of the Black Hawk County Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmation Action Plan' click on "EEO/AA Policy".
Administration & Management|
Black Hawk County Courthouse|
316 East 5th Street, Room 37B
Country: UNITED STATES
| Mid to Senior Level|
$42,849.52 to $59,761.28 Annually
|Apply By Date:|