|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
Under general supervision, performs accounting and financial functions associated with processing payroll, processing accounts payable/receivable, processing automated clearinghouse (ACH)/electronic payment transactions, maintaining financial records, posting data to financial system, billing/collecting monies due, maintaining billing data (rates, customers, usage), generating reports, processing documentation, analyzing results and providing support within Department.
performing a variety of accounting and financial tasks, which may include receiving/reviewing invoices and payments; researching problems and discrepancies; assigning appropriate budget codes to receipts; entering receipt data into computer system; generating check requests/billing adjustments, and obtaining appropriate approvals; posting financial data, balancing accounts, reconciling bank statements, and maintaining financial ledgers;
processing and preparing billing statements; maintaining customer records; entering employee time and attendance, deductions, and taxation data into computer system; generating various tax forms and financial reports;
- handling the City’s contract billing, payment and receipting;
- performing customer service functions; providing assistance and information related to department services/procedures; responding to questions, complaints or requests for service;
processing accounting entries for electronic payments and receipts made from bank accounts by automatic payment;
- generating reports, completing various forms, correspondence, billing statements, account notices, receipts, repair orders, billing registers, usage/consumption variances, bank deposits, checks, tax forms, and other documents;
- receiving various forms, reports, permits, applications, bankruptcy notices, tax requests, employee time records, manuals, reference materials, or other documentation;
maintaining file system of departmental records; preparing department files;
- communicating with supervisor, employees, other departments, City officials, vendors, customers, and public as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
HS diploma (or GED) required, with a minimum of 3 years experience and/or training involving accounting, bookkeeping or other financial work and personal computer operations. Associates degree in a financial related area may substitute for the 3 years experience requirement; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
Submit online application at www.franklintn.gov/jobs
Deadline to Apply: 5/3/2013
Salary: $15.79 hourly
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South
Country: UNITED STATES
$ 15.79 Hourly
|Apply By Date:|