|Assistant Director of Human Resources|
|Organization: City of Franklin, Tennessee|
Assists the Human Resources Director with all facets of departmental operations including employment recruitment, employee benefits, pay plan compensation, training, risk management, interpretation and enforcement of Human Resources policies, and ensuring compliance with local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Assists with implementation of Employee Pension Plan.
- Assists with various projects, which include drafting termination or disciplinary letters/memos; notifying employees of changes in policies, procedures, rules, regulations; budget preparation; salary benefit surveys; and preparing statistical data.
- Supports HR Director in maintaining “open door policy;” listens to employees’ suggestions, comments, complaints, makes recommendations when merited.
- Contributes to human resources administration, which includes answering phone; answering questions from employees and applicants; preparing departmental correspondence; establishing/maintaining employee files; developing personnel forms, letters, procedures and methods of record keeping; and scheduling appointments and training/meeting sites and dates.
- In the absence of the HR Director, oversees department activities.
- Supervises Human Resources Technicians.
- Oversees the processing and coordination of the recruitment and selection process.
- Coordinates HR department’s technical programs and solutions.
- Coordinates the tuition reimbursement program by communicating with employees, answering questions, tracking reimbursements and requests, preparing letters for payment, and reviewing requests.
- Coordinates special projects and events.
- Identifies opportunities for employee training and development by coordinating with outside vendors/consultants and prepares presentations.
- Coordinates new employee orientations
- Assists with implementation of the H.R. Manual, which includes answering questions from employees/department directors/supervisors about HR policies and conducting disciplinary hearings.
- Identifies potential workplace liability and makes recommendations for improvement.
The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through obtaining a Bachelor’s degree plus five to six years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Submit application online at www.franklintn.gov/jobs
Deadline to apply: 5/22/2013
EOE Drug Free Workplace
Please mention you learned of this employment opportunity on the Careers In Government website.
Administration & Management|
City of Franklin HR Department|
109 3rd Ave South
Country: UNITED STATES
Negotiable / DOQ
|Apply By Date:|